Everything VALOR, share it all here

danyelle

Now I don't know if the shows change, but there is a show called "Far from Over." I think it was on the second to the last day of our cruise. YOU CAN'T MISS IT! If you like 80's music, it is a must see:D

Now my husband is not a big fan of break-dancing, but there were these two dancers at the end that just stole the show and even my husband was even enjoying it (which is a BIG shocker). They even went out into the atrium after the show and were dancing and pulling people from the audience to dance with them. There were people on every level watching these guys...it was great...

We sailed on Valor last July. It was our first cruise and we were NOT disappointed. We were with many experienced cruisers and nobody had a negative thing to say about the entire ship. The crew was top notch. The food was good and sometimes great. We thoroughly enjoyed the whole experience. I would recommend Valor to anyone.

BTW- one tip (not exclusive to Valor). To get away from the crowd, fill your plate on Lido Deck and go up one flight of stairs. Lots of indoor seating. Large and small tables available. Nobody seems to go up there. Unfortunately we discovered this little secret much too late into the cruise.

Hotfire

Oh my goodness, I wonder if Mark is the same pianio man Mark that was on my Triumph cruise in 2006. If so . . . he was a hoot. Did he like to go "Arrrg" like a pirate? I sail on the Valor . . . do you think he'll still be there?

Yes that is him. Mark the piano whore Weiser. Brought to you by Captain Morgan's spice rum. Arrrg! That was his signature line. He was a lot of fun. He left the Valor and is going to the Glory Feb 9th. Hope I get to cruise with him again.

We sailed on the Valor in April 05. Unforunately, we had to fly home 2 days into the trip (my mother in law passed away). We have a B2B booked and paid for beginning April 13 (Western) April 20th (Eastern). My question: In April 05 we sailed in a Cat 12...this time it will be a Cat 11...does anyone have any actual pix of the Cat 11 on the Valor (or a sister ship). The Cat 12 was much smaller on the Valor then on the Spirit or Fantasy class ships. I am wondering if the Cat 11 is smaller in comparison as well.

We were very pleased with the Valor the short time we were on her. I can't wait to sail on her again!

arrrrrrrrrrg!

i thought my ears were tingling!

hey y'all! i'll be rockin the GLORY for spring break '08, feb & march...

and yes, the show is still brought to you by Capt Morgans...preferred drink of pirates and piano whores alike!

arggggggggggggggg...

I love a good live band and I heard that "Music Society" plays on the Valor. Has anybody ever heard this band and what was their opinion of them. I'm also thinking of the Valor for this year and very happy with the reviews about this ship. Thanks again Mary49

Sailed with DD 16 and DS 14...we'd down Radiance of the Seas previously. We loved the Valor. It was clean, safe and friendly. No specific tips besides some already mentioned...the fish and chips and eating one deck up. The formal dinning room staff we had was SPECTACULAR! They made us very welcome and for my two teens it was almost the highlight of each day for them...which is saying something.

Board early...heck, I think we were on the ship by noon. We had to wait for our cabin but ate lunch and scouted out the ship.

You will have a blast!

Cheers

Wiscoleeds

Since I'm a super crazy far in advance planner (always have to have a cruise in the works and I can only afford to go about every 3 years...), I am looking at sailing on the Valor in Jan '10. Funny thing is I called Carnival today to find out about the LED screen in drydock and he wasn't able to tell me what they're doing. So I wander on to CC and what do I find? :)

I love this site!

We ate at Scarlett's New Year's Day and it was amazing! It was surprisingly uncrowded (maybe everyone was hung over from the free champagne the night before:D ) Well worth the $30. DH & I each had steaks, he had the chocolate pate dessert and I had the citrus cheesecake-each to die for. Service is very attentive and just as friendly as service elsewhere on Valor. Don't miss the fish and chips on Lido, either. Didn't try the slide but DS (10) and DH were disappointed. It wasn't fast enough for them. Would cruise Valor tomorrow if I could.

Now I don't know if the shows change, but there is a show called "Far from Over." I think it was on the second to the last day of our cruise. YOU CAN'T MISS IT! If you like 80's music, it is a must see:D

Now my husband is not a big fan of break-dancing, but there were these two dancers at the end that just stole the show and even my husband was even enjoying it (which is a BIG shocker). They even went out into the atrium after the show and were dancing and pulling people from the audience to dance with them. There were people on every level watching these guys...it was great...

Saw this show on our sailing and OP is right, these 2 guys are unbelievable. The rest of the show was good, too.

Yes that is him. Mark the piano whore Weiser. Brought to you by Captain Morgan's spice rum. Arrrg! That was his signature line. He was a lot of fun. He left the Valor and is going to the Glory Feb 9th. Hope I get to cruise with him again.

Thanks bunches for the info and darn it all . . . he was so much fun with his little basketball hoop to toss your tips in and request a song. It would have been so much fun to cruise with him again . . . . .

was on her twice- nov 2006, nov 4 2007- loved her dearly!! hads a room on the lido deck in 2006- alot of motion going between nassau and st thomas- had a room on 6th deck this past time and motion wasn't bad- both rooms were in the middle of the ship too- loved the food in the dining room- always alot to pick from- layout of ship is easy to navigate- crew was great- loved the break dancers- especially when they performed in the lobby after the main show- incredible to watch up close- wish i were on her right now insted of in snowy cold clev- winter blues are getting to me!!!

Hi all, we'll be on the Valor in March. Anyone know what band is playing and who our pianoman will be?

On the conquest last year both lounges were empty the whole cruise. Really hope for someone good this year. But, who knows maybe it just wasn't the passengers cup of tea on that cruise.

Also, on the Conquest we had the Mardi Gras one night - and had a blast. Does the Valor have something like this?

Looking to book my next cruise and the Valor is a ship that has made it onto my list. I do, however, have a question regarding the teen programs.

I will be sailing with my 2 kids, DS 13 and DD 17. When we were on the Glory a few years back they had a great place for the 15 - 17 year old to hang out, but didn't seem to have much for the 12 - 14 year olds. Is this the same on Valor or is there a place for both of these age groups to hang and meet others? My kids love to cruise and part of it is meeting people from other places so ths is important to them.

In reading this thread it looks like during drydock they will be adding another area for the 12 -14? Anybody know any more about that?

Thanks for any help you can provide.

I cruised Valor From August 5-12th, and we didn't have that Mark guy as our Piano guy in the Paris Hot place. Our guy was an older man, don't remember his name, but I think he was from Scotland. Not sure though. But he was super nice, and and excellent player. :) My girlfriends and I loved to go listen to him at night!!

We sailed on the Valor in April 05. Unforunately, we had to fly home 2 days into the trip (my mother in law passed away). We have a B2B booked and paid for beginning April 13 (Western) April 20th (Eastern). My question: In April 05 we sailed in a Cat 12...this time it will be a Cat 11...does anyone have any actual pix of the Cat 11 on the Valor (or a sister ship). The Cat 12 was much smaller on the Valor then on the Spirit or Fantasy class ships. I am wondering if the Cat 11 is smaller in comparison as well.

We were very pleased with the Valor the short time we were on her. I can't wait to sail on her again!

Our Aunt and Uncle had a 12 and our cousin who happens to be dating our best friend were in an 11 suite.

There is plenty of room in the 11. Difference of the two? Larger couch in the 12 and it has a bidae (spelling?) in other words a butt washer!

Spoke with Martin the lead male vocal and he said not all ships have the same shows but the ones they have run for at least 5 to 6 years.

Archived