Mother-Daughter Cruise

crewsgirl

My Daughter (age 23) & I are booked on the Crown in March during her spring break from Pharmacy School. We can't wait to enjoy a great vacation in a beautiful place without a care in the world. This will be our third cruise together as we began this tradition when my husband & son started going to Canada for a group fishing expedition in the summers.

Anybody else like to travel with young adult children? What is your favorite memory? :)

We are of similar temperament and are both avid readers. We spend a lot of our time reading on deck and sometimes swapping books. She likes to sunbathe and I don't so while she catches rays I read in the shade or do my daily walking.

I am taking her on a cruise to Hawaii in January 2009, her college graduation present and my farewell to tuition!

OMG BookAngel, you will love Hawaii, What a great graduation gift:) , but an EVEN better celebration of NO TUITION!! LOL:D Make sure & get the book, Maui Revealed as it was loads of info!

We read & exercise while shopping! LOL! We also like to hit the sauna after a busy day! We ALWAYS have room service breakfast, except the last a.m. This year we are planning to check out the cooking classes! I am ready to go now! Have fun!

I went on a mini vacation with my dad before to Florida. It was nice, it was the fall so the beaches weren't crowded, and the hotel upgraded our room. But it was so much fun, I loved it. Then again, I'm also a daddy's girl, and he is known to spoil me and my sister. But what was great was that this was just me and my dad. We didn't even do anything that special, but it was a nice time. Although I think the people at the hotel thought that I was my dad's secret young lover, and he was whisking me away for a romantic weekend, while he tells his wife he's on a business trip. The looks that they gave us, we still laugh about it.

In 2005, I went on a cruise with one of my daughters who was 13 at the time, we enjoyed our entire cruise. It was such a wonderful bonding time.

Now this June 2008, I'm taking my now 16 year old and my 13 year old daughters on another "girls" only cruise. I'm sure we will have many memories to share, I can't wait.

I am 23 myself and did an Alaska cruise with my parents and brother (20). We just had a great time in family. In fact we enjoyed so much that this summer we are sailing to the caribbean. I hope this becomes a tradition!

I don't think I qualify as a young adult, even 3 years ago... but 3 years ago my mom (and my mother in law, her mother in law, my aunt and my grandmother) all went on a cruise together and it was wonderful!!! My mom and I shared a stateroom. I really enjoyed all the dinners we had together, eating and laughing. One of the best memories of my mom and me was my waking up to her standing over me yelling at me "shut up shut up shut up" in the middle of the night. Scared the be-jesus out of me but it was so funny. (Since then I was diagnosed with sleep apnea and now I use a c-pap machine). Both she and my husband are thrilled and can now sleep through the night when I'm around!

rubegoddess, Yes, what a fun & easy way to travel with our moms! I took my mom on her 1st cruise & we had a great time! That's what is so nice, not handling the luggage, having all the meals taken care of & enough variety to keep everybody happy! :)

I'm taking my daughters (ages 18 and 14) on a "Girls Only" cruise - No boys allowed - LOL - in March and I cannot wait. It will give us some time to do some female bonding and my girls will get the chance to hang out with each other, which is something they rarely do anymore because they have different groups of friends. I can't wait!

Crewsgirl...I have booked a second cruise with my 20 y.o. college daughter during her spring break this year. We also started cruising alone after my husband and son started going on their summer fishing trips to Alaska. :p

I guess I will have to schedule another cruise for her graduation!! Good bye tuition! Great idea Bookish! Why didn’t I think of that?

I take my daughter who is now 24 on vacation, once a year just the 2 of us alone. She was away at University, so the yearly event was very special to us. Last year we went on a Mexican Cruise. We had a blast, we both love the sun, love to tour, love to shop, and love to eat! She's not as outgoing as I am, but can easily keep up with me. This year she's off to graduate school, and we are trying to figure out where we will go this time. If she's out on the east coast we'll do something off the Florida coast, if she ends up on the west coast, it will be something off the California coast. We always have so much fun, and look forward to our time alone, together.

• 2 weeks later...

I travel with my Mom about once a year. Usually it's 5 days in Chicago power shopping down the Miracle Mile. 3 years ago we did a river trip in Europe. We had so much fun on that trip, we are doing it again this year. Christmas Markets on the Rhine! We've got a group of 15 women and growing, so it's going to be lots of fun.

In 2004, my mom and I cruised together. We had a blast, I don't think I slept more that10hours the whole week! We booked a Balcony Guarantee and got a Cat. 11 suite on the Carnival Legend.

This was when I discovered these boards and we became adopted Parrotheads because of the roll call here. Every night we closed the piano bar, and enjoyed activities or hung out at the pool or on our balcony. Although our dinner seating was a table of ten, only one gentleman showed up the entire cruise. He kept us in stiches every night with jokes and stories, and when my legs and feet swelled up, he went with us to the infirmary.

Mom and I are pretty close, but this brought us to a different level. She's now 83, but I sometimes have trouble keeping up with her!!

My mother and I just completed our third annual mother / daughter cruise on the Sovereign OTS. We always have a blast! But we're thinking it may be time to branch out beyond RCI. (We've already seen the shows and the menu is becoming a little predictable.) What cruise lines do you recommend for M/D cruises? Those leaving from Port Canaveral or Tampa, FL are most appreciated. :)

My mother and I just completed our third annual mother / daughter cruise on the Sovereign OTS. We always have a blast! But we're thinking it may be time to branch out beyond RCI. (We've already seen the shows and the menu is becoming a little predictable.) What cruise lines do you recommend for M/D cruises? Those leaving from Port Canaveral or Tampa, FL are most appreciated. :)

• 4 weeks later...

my DD(10) and I are going on a cruise in June with my siblings and parents. She is terribly excited to have some mommy and me time. Any good ideas of activities that would be great for us? the pool is obvious, but I am not sure of shows/activities geared towards kids and parents on the NCL Spirit.

My mom and I are cruising together for the first time. We have each cruised before, but not together. We have been taking vacations, just the two of us, for about 10 years now. We have already decided to take an Eastern Caribbean cruise in 2 years if all goes well on this one. To all you moms out there, spend time with your daughters while you can. We all grow up way too fast. The memories I have with my mom are extremely precious and are ones I will never forget! (O. K. so that kind of sounded like a John Mayer song:D .)

I'm taking my 3 DD's and 1 best friend on the Imagination on 6/26/08...they are 15, 17, 24 and the best friend is 24....my DH has decided to stay home for this one and let the girls have fun....the 2 younger ones have cruised with us before, but the 2 older ones have not...I can't wait to see the look on thier faces when they see the ship for the first time....:D Hoefully we'll be making this an annual thing....

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I took my DD on a cruise when she was just finishing junior year while dh and ds were on a BSA camping trip in Canada. We had a blast. She is now finishing up her 1st year in college and will be working all summer so I'm glad we got to go. I have a summary posted here: http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=19650

Now I have to find a time when teenage DS is not camping and not in school to take him on a cruise. He would love it esp. with the way he eats!

One thing though, I wish I had been able to pair with another mother and daughter, it might have been a bit more fun for my daughter if someone of her own age had gone too, since she's a bit shy.

Well, everyone has me all ready for my cruise this summer. My Grandmother (76 yrs young) is taking me and my daughter cruisin. It will be my daughter's 1st cruise and my 2nd. My Grandmother decide last year that she was taking "her girls" on cruises. My little sister went with her in the fall to Hawaii. I can't wait to go, she says this will probably be her last cruise after we go. She misses cruising with my Granddad. They used to cruise alot. Hope everyone has a great time with their daughters!!

Archived