Suggestions for Cruising on Easter with Kids

Mich1121

I will be on day #2 of my cruise when Easter arrives. Obviously for 2 kids it will be a bit much to bring aboard the normal big baskets that would be awaiting them when we get home but does anyone have any suggestions on what I can do?

We leave the day of Easter. :( Not what I had in mind but my DD's break was after Easter this year instead of before because of how early it is. We will be in San Juan for 2 days so we will wake up Easter morning in a hotel room. Lillian Vernon have fabric Easter baskets that you can personalize. They smush down just like clothes and can easily fit in luggage. We are getting DD one of those and some useful things for the cruise - a journal, glitter pens, crayons, sketch pad, some bubble gum, a tiny bit of candy. Nothing fancy but stuff easy enough and useful to bring on board. My sisters kids will be with us and we are going to do an Easter Egg hunt on the beach in the morning! We are each bringing some nesting plastic eggs with us and will just throw them away before we go on the cruise. If you nest them, they don't take up a lot of room. I have also heard if you are on "at sea day" the adventure ocean club has an easter egg hunt too.

029227?$156x120$ 045192?$156x120$

I secretly packed those plastic eggs (got cool football/baseball ones for my boys) and candy. On Easter, when they were out of the cabin I filled the eggs with candy and some dollars (to use at the arcade, etc) and hid them all around the cabin.

I have 'tween boys, so they know the jig is up, but if yours still believe in the EB, you could also bring a small stuffed bunny to place on their bed with a little note saying that there are eggs hidden all over the cabin.

Also, I brought a picture that my youngest had made in school of a "radical"-looking Easter Bunny to use as our door sign and a small easter egg tree for the counter top.

Have fun!

One of the cutest things I have ever seen cruising was Easter weekend in St. Thomas. We were walking the beach at Maghen's Bay and saw a group of little children in the water giggling and laughing. It was a party and there were 2 blow up Easter bunnies floating out in the water (weighted down with rope and rock) and it marked the boundaries for the underwater egg hunt! You could almost see the colored plastic eggs through the clear water and I do believe they held coins. If you are near a beach, this would be fun to do with the kids and easy to pack for! Have fun!

When we cruised on Easter a couple of years ago I actually packed a separate bag with candy, gifts and baskets for the kids. My oldest was beyond the Easter Bunny, but he plays along for his little sister. We got to the port and were checking in when I realized I left the bag at home!! It was just fine as it turned out. I left a little note for both of them on Easter from the Easter Bunny letting them know their baskets were waiting for them at home. With all the activities for the kids on the ship that day, she wasn't fazed at all. When we got home, DH dropped me off while they ran over to Grandma's to pick up our mail and give her the gift we brought back for her. I threw the baskets together and left them right inside the front door and she was thrilled to walk in and get all of her goodies. Disaster averted!!

We leave the day of Easter. :( Not what I had in mind but my DD's break was after Easter this year instead of before because of how early it is. We will be in San Juan for 2 days so we will wake up Easter morning in a hotel room. Lillian Vernon have fabric Easter baskets that you can personalize. They smush down just like clothes and can easily fit in luggage. We are getting DD one of those and some useful things for the cruise - a journal, glitter pens, crayons, sketch pad, some bubble gum, a tiny bit of candy. Nothing fancy but stuff easy enough and useful to bring on board. My sisters kids will be with us and we are going to do an Easter Egg hunt on the beach in the morning! We are each bringing some nesting plastic eggs with us and will just throw them away before we go on the cruise. If you nest them, they don't take up a lot of room. I have also heard if you are on "at sea day" the adventure ocean club has an easter egg hunt too.

029227?$156x120$ 045192?$156x120$

The fabric baskets are a great idea, so easy to pack! Thank you very much!

Thanks for the ideas! I actually already have the Lillian Vernon baskets.. Got to love them so packing them should not take up too much space. I will just do a lot less. I tend to go over board on holidays as I am sure everyone else does too. My 5 year old def. believes in the easter bunny so I'll hide eggs around the cabin too. He will get a kick out of that.

My dd is 15 and a half...We leave on Easter morning. She still likes to have a basket..so does the 22 yr old..and she is a teacher. I will give the younger one that is cruising with us..magazines, makeup, sunblock, candy and gum...hair stuff..money for the arcade..a little phone book for new friends email and numbers and addresses. a new lanyard for her cruise card..etc. We have cruised before and had to bring stuff onboard and hide it..that was fun as well..The cruise usually has an egg hunt and activities for the younger crowd...and they usually serve a ham dinner as one of the selections on Easter night....lpt:rolleyes:

We always cruise over Easter. I remember one year, my kids had a ball playing with the plastic eggs in the cabin (they didn't even care about the candy). They'd hide them for each other over and over again. A bit bulky in your luggage, but worth it!

Archived