Cunard ladies - Opinions on these dresses please!

LadyPink

Looks good. Kirsten wants a tiara too. Real diamonds. I reckon she's quite like this one.....

diamond_sapphire.jpg

Ideas above her station if you ask me!

Matthew

Oh, yes, that one is a definite keeper. If I had to choose between the two that one would win.

And obviously I am not nearly as clever as Kirsten, as mine is just crystals!

Looks good. Kirsten wants a tiara too. Real diamonds. I reckon she's quite like this one.....

diamond_sapphire.jpg

I'm wrong. She doesn't like it - should be diamonds apparently. And no gold......

See what I mean about ideas above her station?

She's not keen on the Faberge one either!

Matthew

You know our address?

Matthew

Yes. Well, part of it. But you are sending them to moi, especially since Kirsten has turned her nose up at them!

I think the sapphires are lovely. I like the coloured stones more than diamonds, so next time you're in NYC stop in at Harry Winston and see if they have anything I might like.

You know, Cunard should introduce a new ball. "FairyTale Ball" so we could wear our tiaras. It would give me a change to break out an old family heirloom passed down from my grandmother...

tiara.jpg

If you sit around waiting for one of those dopey balls you'll hardly ever get to wear the thing! Make up your own occasion.:)

You know, Cunard should introduce a new ball. "FairyTale Ball" so we could wear our tiaras. It would give me a change to break out an old family heirloom passed down from my grandmother...

Your grandmother was the 'Miss America' barbie doll????

:D (Sorry! Couldn't resist...)

Andrew

diamond_sapphire.jpg

Ideas above her station if you ask me!

Matthew

We gave one to Maria (Who was bald from cancer treatment, and the wigs were painful on her head yet)

And Matthew, If you loved her you would! (well, not that one, but one she likes)

Well, isn't that what every woman says?

I noticed there was a fur sale in the paper today...

Karie

This is a first, but I'm going to go bravely back to the topic. Ladies wondering about formal wear on board may find Kyle's wonderful video useful - it features a wide range of dresses that were actually worn on a recent crossing:

http://cruiseforums.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=700308

Mary

Lady Pink, how exciting that you are getting married and going on the QM2 on your honeymoon. A back to back transatlantic is even better!

Your gowns are lovely and I think they are very appropriate for someone your age. You mentioned on the other thread that getting them to the ship would not be a problem. You have worn some of these gowns before, so I assume you feel they are comfortable for an evening of dinner and dancing.

Most of us have to deal with weight limits when we cruise, so we have to think about taking fewer gowns and think of ways to make them look a little different with different accessories. There is certainly nothing wrong with wearing the same gown twice - especially on a back to back when most of the passengers will be different on each voyage.

Most of us on the Cunard forum love the stories of the golden age of ocean voyages when the ladies arrived at the pier with all their beautiful clothes stored in steamer trunks. Some of those ladies wore multiple outfits each day. As you stroll around the ship each evening looking so lovely, you will feel you are being transported back to that wonderful era.

Take your beautiful gowns and have a wonderful voyage on the QM2. This will be a memory to be shared with your children and grandchildren.

Please post when you return and let us know how you enjoyed the trip.

Beth

Beth, that image you have conjured up is perfect. I think I may get some steamer trunks for my next voyage. I have to fit the tiaras in somewhere!

The only problem is that we would have hire coach just to get the two of us to the ship!!!

Sharon

Beth, that image you have conjured up is perfect. I think I may get some steamer trunks for my next voyage. I have to fit the tiaras in somewhere!

The only problem is that we would have hire coach just to get the two of us to the ship!!!

Sharon

Thank you, Sharon. It is fun to dream isn't it! I think we should all wear tiaras on our next voyage! I think tiaras are much more appropriate for formal nights than hats. We could have a Tiara Ball rather than the Ascot Ball. Happy sailing!

Beth

Pointless post to push, etc etc.

Oh what the heck--here's funny quote from Winston Churchill...

"He has all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire."

I'm planning on Cuvee Winston Churchill on our final night on the ship. Winston is a man I can admire in many ways. Somehow Pol Roger appears to be correct.

Although Grande Dame would also be appropriate.

Matthew

I'm planning on Cuvee Winston Churchill on our final night on the ship. Winston is a man I can admire in many ways. Somehow Pol Roger appears to be correct.

Although Grande Dame would also be appropriate.

Matthew

Hmm. We have some Pol Roger at home. I suspect it isn't the exact same as yours.

Oh, yes. Which final night? Could there be several "final" nights? Like the store with the Going Out of Business Sale that lasts for years?

I always found Winston an admirable character, too.

I haven't bought it yet!

Matthew

Your version! Whatever it's called--it's not coming to me!

No Cuvee Winston Churchill or Grande Dame here. Well, at least we've got our stockpile of champagne always at the ready. And a Pol Acker for those who don't know any better. :cool:

Archived