Barbados Photos

iflyrc5

thanks for posting! Where were these shopping areas? Was it right by where you dock or did taxi or walk somewhere...? we are doing a tour and would like to shop after somewhere close to the ship....

There are quite a few shops and stands in the terminal where the ship docks. It is a nice and short 15 minute walk along the shore line to downtown where there are hundreds of shops.

There are quite a few shops and stands in the terminal where the ship docks. It is a nice and short 15 minute walk along the shore line to downtown where there are hundreds of shops.

is this broad street? How do i get there from the terminal? We are in barbados from 8-5 that day and we have a tour till 2:30 and would like to shop and walk around after that. Someone else said it was a mile to broad street, is that accurate, can we really walk that in 15min? Thanks!

Don't really remember the name of the street - the shopping sheet they give you on the ship has a map. Basically just follow the road out of the terminal along the water - there is a little park like area that you see in the photos for the first 1/4 mile or so - then just then along the street with the Blue building and KFC. We don't walk all that fast and we did it in 15 to 20 minutes. You could probably get the tour folks to drop you off in town at the end of the tour and you could walk back.

• 1 month later...
is this broad street? How do i get there from the terminal? We are in barbados from 8-5 that day and we have a tour till 2:30 and would like to shop and walk around after that. Someone else said it was a mile to broad street, is that accurate, can we really walk that in 15min? Thanks!

Lucy, Broadstreet is a quick walk yes. You'll probably stop along the way anyhow, so you won't feel the distance. On the way you'll pass the chattel house shopping area, along Prince Alice Highway and on into the city. Broad street is the main street, you can't miss it. Don't forget your passport or cruise pass to get your duty free.

• 3 weeks later...
I have posted some photos of Barbados that I took on our recent Galaxy Cruise. We did not take a formal tour - just walked around the town. I need to do some editing, this is the raw data with limited titles. Here is the link http://www.pbase.com/iflyrc5/barbados

Comments are welcome.

Awesome Photo's thanks for sharing. Can't wait till Oct ;)

Archived