Tortola Photos

iflyrc5

I would guess we made about 6 stops. One interesting stop was the airport for a restroom stop!!! The wind was high and so they could not put the bus on the ferry to take us over to the island where the baths were. Don't really remember a highlight as such - just a nice overall introduction to the island. Really with 7 islands on this cruise they are starting to merge in my memory to lots of twisty roads going up and down hills with beautiful beaches and scenery.:D :D :D

Wow...what gorgeous pics! I actually went through all of your port pics...you have a great collection. May I ask what kind of underwater camera you used for your snorkeling trips?

I use an Olympus 720SW. It is go to 10feet. They now have a model 790SW that is good to 30 feet. The only drawback is the battery is small so you only get about 150 images on a battery. They are Li-ion rechargeble and you can get spares on ebay for about $15 each. I bought the camera on ebay at the Olympus refurbishment site for about $180. Overall it is a great little camera.

I use an Olympus 720SW. It is go to 10feet. They now have a model 790SW that is good to 30 feet. The only drawback is the battery is small so you only get about 150 images on a battery. They are Li-ion rechargeble and you can get spares on ebay for about $15 each. I bought the camera on ebay at the Olympus refurbishment site for about $180. Overall it is a great little camera.

I own an Olympus Stylus 730. I love my Olympus. Mine is weatherproof, but not waterproof. I think I might look into seeing if Olympus makes a waterproof case for it...I have heard they have those, but not sure if they have for my model. My battery lasts a very long time, but after a day at port I always came back and recharged. The batteries for this camera are not as affordable as your model, if they were I would rack up on them :p. Thanks for the info!

Archived