Glacier Landing or Dog Sledding on Glacier

Auscruisers

Hi

I am trying to decide on shore excursions to Juneau in early May. My dilemma is whether to do the 4 Glaciers and landing or do the same tour but adding the dogsledding to it. It costs an extra $200 per person to add the dogsledding. Has anyone done it and is it worth t he money. My other option was the Taku Lodge and Flightseeing. What are your experiences or recommendations. Thanks

If you want to get on ice, do the glacier helicopter landing. Glacier dog sledding is all snow. The dog sledding tours are consistantly raved about but only you can decide if worth it for you.

I have also done Taku Lodge, the flightseeing is extremely scenic, but I like the helicopter landing trips better. Good salmon bake as well.

Thanks very much. I have just found out that the dogsledding doesn't run until 11th May and we arrive 6th May. That fixes that.

I think I will do the glacier landing and enjoy the more scenic flight somewhere else. Thanks again for your reply.

Archived