any fellow Canucks on the Fortuna Feb 3rd?

akacake

We are a group of 7 Canadians and so far haven't heard of any other Canucks traveling with us. Just curious if and how Americans or Europeans can tell us apart from other cruisers? It is nice to be identified as Canadian without wearing our flag on our clothing! I guess our accents will give us away, eh?

We are a group of 7 Canadians and so far haven't heard of any other Canucks traveling with us. Just curious if and how Americans or Europeans can tell us apart from other cruisers? It is nice to be identified as Canadian without wearing our flag on our clothing! I guess our accents will give us away, eh?

It is very easy to spot Canadians, especially on Costa.

They have the complexion of Red Indians, are as disgruntled as the French and dress in traditional Eskimo clothes.:rolleyes:

Does it really matter if you are recognised as Canadians, English, Americans?

For me so long cruisrs are happy then they are good cruisers, irrespective of their nationality, and that is what bonds people together.

Have a good cruise.

Ron

haha...good description of some I guess....

I am proud to be a Canadian and like to be recognized as one ...we are VERY different than Americans or British and yes, the French too...

I was just curious how other nationalities tell us apart if at all....for example I can tell an Aussie apart by their accent but it is hard for me to distinguish a German vs a Swiss person.

Yes, I agree, everyone should get along, but sadly that is not the case...

but *most* Canadians are easy going and hopefully not labelled as RC's ( rude Canucks )

Only 11 more days until I sail, time to go and park the skidoo and hunt some seal for dinner tonight :p

I was just curious how other nationalities tell us apart if at all....for example I can tell an Aussie apart by their accent but it is hard for me to distinguish a German vs a Swiss person.

The last part of your question is very easy:

Typical German, wears Lederhose has a bratwurst in the left hand and a stein in the right hand and never laughs.

Typical Swiss, has a bar of chocolate in the left hand and a Swiss Army Knife (with McIver still attached) in the right hand and singing love songs to his dearest (namely jodeling to his favourite cow "Heidi").

Ron

Hello,

We are from Canada and will be on the cruise Feb.3. There are four of us. Cannot wait to get out of this cold weather. KWIM EH?

Cantwait - I hear you, it is fairly warm here today and only -15 C, no new snow in 24 hours either...those palm trees are going to look beautiful!

The last part of your question is very easy:

Typical German, wears Lederhose has a bratwurst in the left hand and a stein in the right hand and never laughs.

Typical Swiss, has a bar of chocolate in the left hand and a Swiss Army Knife (with McIver still attached) in the right hand and singing love songs to his dearest (namely jodeling to his favourite cow "Heidi").

Ron

Blu - you are very funny, I hope that I am on the same cruise as you, finding humour in oneself is a good thing!

counting down the minutes!! We fly out of here to Florida in 7 sleeps!

Archived