Majesty vs Dawn to Bermuda?

emilymad

Emily,

I am in the same boat as you are (insert lame pun here). We are about 30 minutes outside of Philly, so it would be much easier for us to leave from here. The problem is the only ships that leave from Philly are the smaller, older NCL ships. So the times we have cruised with NCL we have driven to NYC. We were in the same dilemma this year choosing between the Majesty leaving from Philly and the Gem out of NYC. None of the rooms on the Majesty offer balconies so choosing the Gem was an easy decision for us. It is VERY easy to get to the NYC docks from Philly. Take the Turnpike and get to the Holland Tunnel and you are at the pier. Also keep in mind that Baltimore, NJ and even Boston are easy to get to from where we are.

That being said my parents are also dedicated NCL fans and they enjoy the smaller ships that leave from Philly over the bigger NYC girls. They feel the smaller ships are more intimate and try to incorporate some of the traditional cruising aspect into them. This may be more up your alley since you are used to the traditional RCCL cruising.

Either way im sure you will have a blast and good luck with NCL!

Brian

NJ Turnpike to the Lincoln Tunnel Exit 15E not the Holland :)l

I am having the same dilemma in deciding between the Dream out of Boston or the Dawn out of NY.

I have taken the Boston-Bermuda cruise seven times...love it...and love historical St Georges.

However...The Dawn docks at the Dockyard, which is very convenient to the bus and ferry to Hamilton, and a fifteen to twenty minute bus ride to the south shore beaches suck as Elbow and Horseshoe Beach.

The Dockyard area has a nice shopping, a few pubs and restaurants and a cute little beach called Snorkel Park, but lacks the atmosphere of St Georges.

There's nothing like sitting on the top deck of the Majesty watching the sun set in St Georges Harbor.

Can't lose either way....but the Dream is a tad pricey right now for the Bermuda cruise

Archived