Jack's Shack and Town Report

legalwife

our large catamaran trip is a cruise ship excursion tour as well.

Islandnurse

DW and I will be in GT in Dec. on the Miracle. Can you tell us about the catamaran excursion. Does it include snorkeling? Drinks?

Thanks in advance.

While I have only been to T and C once and it was at the Club Med in Provo, the waters around T and C are absolutely a gift from the Gods.

If you don't take advantage and get off the island and into the water to snorkel or just hang out on a Cat ride you are missing something.

I would suggest that the water and reefs are as close as you will get to being in the South Pacific without going there.

Ya ya some time at the bars is always in order but AFTER you let mother nature thrill you first.

Gibs Cay and the stingrays looks great. Don't want to snorkel just walk out to play with a ray. Want to snorkel, you won't be disappointed.

Just my 2 cents worth.

So snorkeling from Jacks Shack is doable?? I am looking forward to checking out Jacks Shack BUT also need to know if the snorkeling there is Good . I keep reading about the GREAT WALL reef is that near Jacks or am I way off??

All info on snorkeling welcomed!!

Thanks!!

Kris

• 2 weeks later...
What is the Golden Noodle??

The post says... "and the Goldendoodle, Topher to play with." I think it is their dog... mix of Golden Retriever & ?? Poodle??? Seems I saw some pics of the darling pooch in this or another thread. I hope to meet Topher in October!

NCTribeFan: About the horseback ride in Grand Turk--what is the suggested attire? We are figuring on just bathing suits and water shoes. Is previous riding experience necessary? We signed up for this on our cruise next week and am really looking forward to it. Plan to go to Jack's Shack afterwards.

IslandNurse6000 - Thank you for all of your information. We can't wait to meet you during our trip. It sounds like your place will be perfect for our family. My dad is older and doesn't get around very well. He will be happy to eat, drink beer and watch the grandkids play on the beach. Just to clarify, I see that we can rent chairs and floats. Do you have snorkel gear to rent as well (or could we do that through the adjacent dive shop?) The kids are 8 and 11 and are itching to get into the water to see your local stingray, but we don't have our own equipment. Thank you!

IslandNurse6000 - Thank you for all of your information. We can't wait to meet you during our trip. It sounds like your place will be perfect for our family. My dad is older and doesn't get around very well. He will be happy to eat, drink beer and watch the grandkids play on the beach. Just to clarify, I see that we can rent chairs and floats. Do you have snorkel gear to rent as well (or could we do that through the adjacent dive shop?) The kids are 8 and 11 and are itching to get into the water to see your local stingray, but we don't have our own equipment. Thank you!

OR do you recommend snorkeling through an excursion instead? We are renting a golf cart to get my dad around (to and from Jack's!) but my husband, kids and I would love to really see the beautiful water. Is there an excursion that leaves or drops off near your place?

Thanks for all of the info!

HokiefanMichigan,

We do have a small amount of snorkel gear available for rent at our shop. Consider buying some gear before leaving for snorkeling at other ports. You and the kids can snorkel nearby Jack's Shack.

The excursion tours are operated out of the cruise terminal but some bring in the passengers to our shop. The best coral snorkeling sites are found on the excursion tours. The kids would enjoy Gibbs Cay but with your golf cart would enjoy all of Grand Turk as well. The lighthouse cliffs don't lend themselves to snorkeling but the shallow East Coast beach just south of the lighthouse where the horses and donkey corral is might be an interesting stop where the kids could see the animals and quickly jump in the water to cool off. small fish live in the grassy shallows. snorkeling right off the downtown seawall is not bad either. tha family could split up, adults looking at the history, kids in the water. Play it by ear!

Thank you so much for the suggestions. I've been thinking about picking up some snorkeling gear before we head out of town so that we can just sort of go with the flow rather than being tied to specific excursions. I guess we will, as you say, play it by ear! Regardless, we are very excited about our visit. Thank you again for all of your help. We just registered for your rum tasting on April 7th, so we'll see you then!

Jack's Shack rocks. We were there 3/18 with the Emerald Princess. Pouring rain but Jack's was packed with mostly a singles group from the Carnival ship. Three people deep at the bar and all tables and benches were taken. Lots of ship's crew were there too. Drinks are delicious and cheap, ($6.00) and Jack and Janet pour with a heavy hand. The Jerk Chicken was very Yummy, too.

Get out of Margaritaville and give Jack's Shack a visit. You won't be disappointed!

I just got back from a singles trip on the Carnival Glory 3/18. 60+/- of us bypassed Margaritaville and headed down to the Shack. Granted we should have told Jack we were coming but he and his wife did a bang up job on serving us drinks and awesome jerked chicken. Now that chicken definitely had spice and the best I have had in the islands. The drinks were awesome and Jack was generous.

So, if you are in port..turn left off the dock and just follow the beach aways..look for the dive flag.

We had a blast even in the rain.

Kathy

Cruise2010A_101.jpg.e9204821420ce7157fc0bf1343c86ffa.jpg

24040_1316839014984_1651001055_752270_943771_s.jpg.56440b8b04cb9ccd092e47150c63ef42.jpg

We will be in GT next Friday the 9th, can't wait, I thought I read somewhere that I could check my email while I'm there. Is there an internet cafe or do I need my laptop? I hadn't quite decided if I would bring my laptop along this trip. Thanks in advance. Teri

We will be in GT next Friday the 9th, can't wait, I thought I read somewhere that I could check my email while I'm there. Is there an internet cafe or do I need my laptop? I hadn't quite decided if I would bring my laptop along this trip. Thanks in advance. Teri

they have free wireless, per islandnurse prior post ;) we'll be at GT 4/16 and definitely planning on spending our day at Jacks Shack! :cool:

• 4 weeks later...

We were at Jack's Shack a week ago with our girls ages 7 and 11. Lunch was awesome! We really enjoyed the conch and the jerk chicken. The deck was full of people having a good time and there was a volleyball game going on. My kids and I enjoyed swimming right there at the beach and got some awesome pictures of us in the water right in front of our ship. Awesome place!!! Thanks for being part of our vacation!

Archived