Jack's Shack and Town Report

legalwife

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
Loved our visit to Jack's Shack. Cheap drinks. We all bought Jack's Shack T-Shirts and Jack gave us a free drink for each shirt we purchased. As other posters have said, walk right past Margaritaville.

Do you know if you pass Jack's on the way to Governer's Beach?

Islandnurse2006--Can you please give directions to Jack's shack from the cruise pier? Can you walk it? Is it to the right of the pier or the left? We went to the left to Governors last year and then walked to the right at the end of the day to collect conch shells but we didn't see anything else down there to the right. I am confused.

Thanks so much!

Islandnurse2006--Can you please give directions to Jack's shack from the cruise pier? Can you walk it? Is it to the right of the pier or the left? We went to the left to Governors last year and then walked to the right at the end of the day to collect conch shells but we didn't see anything else down there to the right. I am confused.

There is a satellite image showing the location of Jack's Shack on the bottom of the home page of their website. It's really helpful, and shows exactly where it is located in relation to the cruise dock.

http://www.jacksshack.tc/Home.php

I've always wanted to find Jack's over our last 4 cruise stops there. This summer, I will do it. I do have one minor concern, though. My wife is a vegetarian and very picky at that. I see the menu has nothing mentioned that she'd be able to eat. Anyone ever get something NOT on the menu?

No big deal, because we'll be there early. We'll just eat a big breakfast and then maybe a liquid lunch at Jack's!!

Just back from Grand Turk and a day at Jack's Shack on the 11th! Can't say enough great things about the shack and Jack and Janet the owners! We had the time of our lives and will go back to Grand Turk just to go to Jack's Shack again!

We were there 2 weeks ago. My brother wanted to pay with credit card, Jack said he preferred cash. Did not say he wouldn't take cc, but I would be prepared with cash. I believe the shop is operated by the dive company and while they so sell Jack's shirts, I think it is a different operation. Not sure of that though, just the sense I got

Jack's Shack sure sounds like the "in" place to go in GT bur I've been to every Margaritaville in the Caribbean . . . except GT. Never been to GT before but will be there in September. All I want to do in GT is have a margarita at Margaritaville and buy a tee shirt there to my collection. I know the drinks are more expensive and it's really a tourist trap. However . . . I love Jimmy's music (it's all I listen to a week or two before my cruises) and from what I've read about GT . . . there really isn't much else to do.

We are going on the Caribean Princess May 9 sailing.

Wondering if anyone knows of a) A place we can rent a hobie cat for a few hours or b) One of the tours that has a great Catamaran ride.

I was in T and C 2 years ago at Club Med and the water is spectacular at that end. GT is 70 miles from where we were but I am still hoping to find stunning calm waters to sail and snorkel.

See ya after at Jacks

Archived