Xpedition - difference between cabins

zelker

If I'm not mistaken, the cabins on Deck 3 have portholes and the cabins on Deck 4 have windows. If this is the case, how much difference is there between the size of the portholes and windows (i.e., can you see a lot more from the windows than the portholes)? I tend to be a bit claustrophobic and this will also be our first time sailing without a balcony so trying to decide if there's enough difference that I'll notice.

I had the same concern when choosing between decks 3 and 4. We chose 301 and had a rectangular window that was a fairly good size. The photos on Celebrity's website for an OV deluxe shows what the window is like.

Deck 3, close to mid ship (i.e. closest to the dining room) is a good place to be. You will spend very little time in your cabin on this cruise.:)

I've stayed in 301 and 401--don't remember any difference in rectangular windows in either. Absolutely no need for balcony on this cruise( I always get one on larger ships) On this trip there is plenty of open close by deck space if you want it. You'll find it a very "different " experience.

Since the bar is open ,you'll probably spend more time there or the adjoining back deck near the Beagle Grill with the small and intimate group of passengers whom you will quickly get to know.

The animals and the fellow passengers ,as well as crew, make this a most unforgettable experience.

I've stayed in 301 and 401--don't remember any difference in rectangular windows in either. Absolutely no need for balcony on this cruise( I always get one on larger ships) On this trip there is plenty of open close by deck space if you want it. You'll find it a very "different " experience.

Since the bar is open ,you'll probably spend more time there or the adjoining back deck near the Beagle Grill with the small and intimate group of passengers whom you will quickly get to know.

The animals and the fellow passengers ,as well as crew, make this a most unforgettable experience.

I second what drfun48 has to say.

I think I would sleep on the floor of the engine room in a sleeping bag in order to do this cruise again. :D

Seriously, normally I love balconies and big windows but for the life of me I can't remember what kind of window we had because it didn't matter. I do know I was on the lowest floor.

Other than sleeping/changing the room was only for nap time between lunch and the afternoon excursion.

Thanks for all your input - I get all that. However If I didn't care where I slept or how long I spent in the cabin, I wouldn't pose the question. ;) (A balcony cabin on this cruise is not an option for us.)

So, that said, I still am looking for someone who can tell me the difference in size between the windows on Decks 3 and 4. X can only tell me that they are oval on 3 and rectangular on 4. :rolleyes: Gee, that helps a lot! (NOT!)

X can only tell me that they are oval on 3 and rectangular on 4. :rolleyes: Gee, that helps a lot! (NOT!)

I would be amazed if a customer service rep from any line could give you window dimensions for staterooms. I would go with drfun's response above ...or ask someone who is going soon to bring a tape measure.

Not looking for an exact measurement so no tape measure required. Just is the "port hole" they advertise on Deck 3 just that -- a port HOLE as opposed to a larger window that one can actually look out of in more than one direction (i.e., straight ahead from the narrow view of a port hole vs. being able to see a bit to the left and right as from a window).

We sailed in Cabin 417 and thought it was wonderful. It's the middle deck so very convinient since there are no elevators. The window was large and rectangle, the cabin was small but adequate. It was one of the best and informative cruises we've been on so whatever cabin you pick it will be a great experience.

Archived