Levi Baron bumpiing tours reviews? Anyone?

michalanajon

We're booked with Levi on April 23rd. I bought Keen sandals for all three of us and have a water camera as well. Other than sunscreen, towels and water to drink...anything else I should make sure I bring? Looking for advice from those of you that have been on a tour with Levi before.

Thanks!

Bring some snacks. It's a long day, and Levi provides drinks, but no food.

Levi was absolutely the best. This tour was the highlight of our trip. Make sure you have study shoes ... I had water shoes that have always served me well, but they were no match for this trip. The soles were shredded by the time I got back to the ship. I threw them out.

Levi was absolutely the best. This tour was the highlight of our trip. Make sure you have study shoes ... I had water shoes that have always served me well, but they were no match for this trip. The soles were shredded by the time I got back to the ship. I threw them out.

I am enjoying your review on the RC board Emerald city and will wait to read your review of this trip before I book for Dominica. :)

I agree with RichNY. I toured with Levi in 2007, while visiting Dominica on my first cruise, and loved the experience. Of seven ports, that was probably my favorite (St. Lucia and San Juan are tough competition, though) and I really hope to get back there one day, though not on a ship. I think anyone touring with Levi would be satisfied with what he does.

Just wanted to add that we took the Roseau Valley Best Hike with Levi on April 5, 2010

It was the highlight of our incredibly awesome cruise.

Our tour guide was Kelvin. He was the best guide Ive ever had on any tour Ive ever taken. Seriously

Just wanted to add that we took the Roseau Valley Best Hike with Levi on April 5, 2010

Our tour guide was Kelvin. He was the best guide Ive ever had on any tour Ive ever taken. Seriously

Kelvin was our guide too along with David our diver, both did a great job...:D

Kelvin was our guide too along with David our diver, both did a great job...:D

I was on the same tour as Rich. Actually our drivers name was Chris. Chris & Kelvin were both very professional and were both likely the best we have ever had on a tour. They never rushed us, let us stay as long as we liked and I only wish I knew as much about the history of my province as they do their island. I would book Bumping Tours again and would def try to get Kelvin and Chris... the dynamic duo.

I was on the same tour as Rich. Actually our drivers name was Chris. Chris & Kelvin were both very professional and were both likely the best we have ever had on a tour. They never rushed us, let us stay as long as we liked and I only wish I knew as much about the history of my province as they do their island. I would book Bumping Tours again and would def try to get Kelvin and Chris... the dynamic duo.

OOPS thanks Barb...:o...

We took the same tour with Levi on our Caaribbean Calypso Tour in 10-24 April. He's a marvelous tour guide. It was the highlight of our tour excursions. No hesitation here to recommend him.

I took a tour this company last week, and it was hands down the best excursion I have been on. Kelvin was our tour guide and Chris was our driver. They did a great job and I thought it was an amazing value also. I am so glad that I read this message board and received the recommendation for Bumpiing Tours.

My family and I did the Roseau Valley tour with Levi April 24 and it was one of our favorite excursions. Levi took good care of us, even though we had to back down the mountain because a load of sand was spilled on the road. Be sure to bring some snacks, wear water shoes and enjoy your day!:)

I think he's been having problems with internet service. Keep trying him, he'll get back to you!

My family and I did the Roseau Valley tour with Levi April 24 and it was one of our favorite excursions. Levi took good care of us, even though we had to back down the mountain because a load of sand was spilled on the road. Be sure to bring some snacks, wear water shoes and enjoy your day!:)

I think he's been having problems with internet service. Keep trying him, he'll get back to you!

Hey Suehal! We were on the excursion with you!! We were the ones with the nine year old.

We had an awesome time too. What a wonderful day we had and Levi was awesome. My mom is a non-swimmer and he assured her he would take care of her. Titou Gorge is really amazing. She didn't have to miss the experience because Levi pulled her along with a floating ring. He was great! We visited the hot spring and that was really neat too. We also visited Champagne Reef. If you like to snorkel this is not to miss. This was my and my son Alex's first chance to do real snorkeling and it was wonderful there. The bubbles are really cool and we even saw a sea turtle!

I can't say enough about Levi. His tour was definitely a highlight of our trip.

Did Levi's tour a couple of weeks ago and I really enjoyed it. I think ours was the Roseau Valley Treasures. Martin was our guide and we had an aewsome time. Only complaint would be the AC wasn't working all that great in our van and I was stuck all the way in the back.

At Titou Gorge, we had some non-swimmers and both Martin and Levi assisted them so they could enjoy the area as well. Tour was very thorough and Dominica is a beautiful island. This is one that I would definitely do again.

I second bringing food along. We just took some cereal with us from the ship.

Confused about Levi Bumping Tours...:confused:

Looking @ the website' date=' there are many different tours.[/b']

Do you choose one and/or how do you know which to choose?

Any input would be greatly appreciated...

I would probably go with the ones listed under the Cruise Ship Visitor tab and see what interests you. We did the Roseau Valley Treasures and I think it was a nice overview of the island.

We took the Roseau Valley Treasures Tour with Bumpiing Tours last week and it provided us with a great introduction to Dominica.

The highlight of this tour was the Titou Gorge where you swim in a cave and can climb a small waterfall. My family just loved it!

Dominica is a beautiful island, but there is so much to see and so little time if you are on a cruise ship.

We do recommend Bumpiing Tours for your shore excursion in Dominica. You will not be disappointed.

We were on a Southern Caribbean cruise two weeks ago and were in Dominica 8am-4:30pm. I was able to book the Roseau Valley Treasure tour with Levi in advance (Levi's website: www.bumpiingtours.com ). Although Levi’s van was already fully booked, he was able to arrange a separate van for the 4 of us where we would meet up with his group at each of the attractions to enjoy excellent tour conducted by him.

I am not a swimmer but was dying to experience Titou Gorge where Pirates of the Caribbean was filmed and to see the bubbles at Champagne Reef. Levi made it happen for me and other non-swimmers. He helped us swim through the Titou Gorge, and at Champagne Reef he took me to 15ft deep in the ocean to witness not only the bubbles from the volcanic vent but also the underwater wonders I could never have imagined. I’m really grateful of Levi, I don’t know if anyone else would do the same - it came from his heart.

A note about Titou Gorge: I have read many reviews that the water at the Gorge was very cold. I’m always afraid of cold – I’m almost always dressed warmer than others and I thought I wouldn't be able to withstand the cold water. And honestly I don’t think the water there is any colder than that of a typical swimming pool. So, please don’t let this refrain you from doing the Titou Gorge tour.

The 1st stop of the tour was Titou Gorge and the last stop was Champagne Reef. We also visited Trafalgar Fall and spent some time soaking in the sulfuric spring there. Our driver Sassil shown us a great variety of interesting plants and flowers along the way and made stops for pictures and shared with us the interesting facts about the country. We drove through the Botanical Garden and saw the bus wreck by the hurricane, and the Wotten Woven Hot Spring, and the Morne Burce view point. The tour started at 8:30am and we were back to the ship at 3:30pm. I consider the $47 an excellent value and cannot ask for more.

Before the cruise I wonder why many rated Dominica their highlight of the cruise, and now I understand. Without a doubt Levi made Dominica the highlight of our trip as well!

Levi Bumpiing tours were the best. We had Kelvin as our guide. He and our driver Chris were fantastic. Kelvin knows his stuff.....you will be lucky if you get him as your guide.:):)

Water shoes are a must, especially at Champagne Reef. There is a place there to have a cold drink (beer, soda, etc.) and they make their own pizza. I didn't have any but others said it was very good.:)

Archived