Levi Baron bumpiing tours reviews? Anyone?

michalanajon

• 2 weeks later...

Hi:

My husband and I used BumpingTours in December and it was a group of five of us. We had a fantastic day with Levi and I highly recommend him. Levi is an excellent driver, provided water/soda/local beer (which was very good btw) and saw a lot of Dominica. The sights were truly amazing and it's so different from the rest of the caribbean islands. Out of seven ports on our cruise, Dominica, was our favorite due to beauty of the island. Enjoy and have a great time with Levi.

Sea ya!

Don't hesitate to book with Levi. I just was there on Jan 12th and had a tour with Levi. It was great. He is very knowledgeable and shows anything you would like. I would book with him in a heart beat.

Just returned from Dominica a week ago and had a wonderful tour with Levi. He is the best. More than willing to accomodate to be sure you can see as much as possible. I highly recommend him.

Just returned from Dominica a week ago and had a wonderful tour with Levi. He is the best. More than willing to accomodate to be sure you can see as much as possible. I highly recommend him.

Which tour did you do? We are touring (hiking) with him in less than 2 weeks!

We had Levi customize a tour for us. We went to the aerial tram in the rain forest (absolutely incredible), trafalgar falls, sulpher springs, a high point above the harbour for picture taking, etc. and some gardens. we were with him all day and it was wonderful. we were also going to swim in the mineral pools, but the water is about 70 degrees and a few in my group did not want to get cold. Our cost was $30 for Levi and $64 at the aerial tram. A truly wonderful day.

We had Levi customize a tour for us. We went to the aerial tram in the rain forest (absolutely incredible), trafalgar falls, sulpher springs, a high point above the harbour for picture taking, etc. and some gardens. we were with him all day and it was wonderful. we were also going to swim in the mineral pools, but the water is about 70 degrees and a few in my group did not want to get cold. Our cost was $30 for Levi and $64 at the aerial tram. A truly wonderful day.

We are going to be in Dominica on March 4 and have been trying to arrange a private tour. How many people were in your group such that the price was $30.00 per person? Where did Levi pick you up - Roseau or Cabrits? If Cabrits, what was time to get to Aerial Tram? The cost for the Aerial Tram is listed as $55.00 on their Internet site. Has the price changed?

Chuck

There were 9 in our group. Levi picked us up in Roseau, and we went to the tram first, probably about a 45 minute ride. we paid the tram folks directly, and the price was posted there, so the internet price of $55 must not be correct.

We just came back from our cruise. We took this tour on Feb 12th. We had Gary as our guide. He was Awesome!!!!! We took the hiking tour. And let me say, this is not for the weak or underexercised. It was a long walk over steep terrain. It took us over an hour to reach Middleham Falls. But it was well worth it. There was six of us. My hubby and I, our two sons, age 18 & 23 and my parents age 70. Gary was very patient with my parents, and stop often so, they could catch their breath. We also stopped at Titou Gorge, the boiling springs and Trafalgar Falls. It was one of the best tours we have ever been on. Just be prepared for a long hike. It was a wonderful day. My boys said it was the best day of the cruise!!!!

• 3 weeks later...

Roseau, Dominica

We prearranged the "Roseau Valley Treasures" tour with Bumpiing Tours (Levi Baron). $49 per person plus tip. We tendered into Roseau. Tendering was very efficient. Levi Baron met us just outside the pier and turned us over to Gary, our awesome driver and guide for the day. Gary kept us one step ahead of most of the tours. We started our day at Wotten Waven Sulphur Springs which entailed a short walk to view small boiling pools. Then it was off to Trafalgar Falls which features two large waterfalls in the same area. There was about a 10 minutes walk through a rainforest to a viewing platform where we took pictures and then proceeded past a "Proceed Only At Your Own Risk" sign and descended down to some hot springs where we relaxed and played in several hot pools. We also got some closer views of the falls. From here we drove to Titou Gorge where part of Pirates Of The Caribbean 2 was filmed. It was an easy 10 minutes walk to the Gorge, where we got into cold mountain water and swam a short distance through a cave to a waterfall. (If you go, don't wimp out. It's worth the chill). We instantly warmed in the sun upon exiting and got toasty in a nearby hot spring. We visited the Botanical Gardens where we learned about see different plants, trees and flowers grown on the Island. A short 5-minute drive to Morne Bruce presented us an overview of the entire city of Roseau, and port, from the top of a hill. We ended the tour snorkeling at Champagne Bay, where we hired an snorkel guide for $10 to show us the fish and underwater sites just offshore. There is no way we would have seen as much without our water guide, T.J. The entire tour lasted about 7 hours. Gary kept us well lubricated with Kubuli Beer (the best local island beer we tasted on this trip) and water. Gary was also quick to stop the van for any pictures we wanted to take and often stopped to pluck a leaf, nut, fruit, branch or root for us to smell and identify as one of the many local spices grown on the island. Recommended!

Complete review of 11-day Southern Caribbean Cruise:

http://www.lavasurfer.com/info/southerncaribbean.html

My wife and I thoroughly enjoyed the tour we took with Gary. As it was just the two of us we were able to customize everything to include the things that were most important for us to see. We went to Traflagar Falls and the Emerald Pool, Hot Springs, Morne Bruce, Mr Nice and cant remember what else. Gary was very very knowledgeable about his beautiful island and as stated elsewhere would hop out of the car to get a sprig of wild lemon-grass or piece from this or that spice plant or tree. ;) He knew all about all the locally grown plant-life thats for sure and shared freely with us as we drove. All in all our favorite tour and Carribean port so far!

Pete & Debbie

loved CaribbeanBound's review! This sounds like a great tour. I would also like one that includes the snorkeling. It looks as if we are scheduled to be in port from 7 - 4 and tendering is not noted on our itinerary. Would we have time to see Emerald Falls, the hot springs and snorkel at Champagne Bay? (Is that the same or similar to Champagne Reef?)

Thanks!:D

Did you enjoy the aereal tram? Was it worth the price?

We were on the Destiny the week of March 2nd and had an awesome expereince with Levi's tours. We had been to Dominica before but had done the Champagne Reef and wanted to see the island. We took a tour with Bumpiing Tours and it was fabulous – out of all of the islands we visited this week we talked about this tour the most. Our tour guide was Joseph and he was extremely informative. Joseph was able to answer every question that we thought of throughout the day and as a result of the information he shared we felt that we had learned an immense amount of information about the island. The cost of the tour, $44us includes entrance to all the sites as well as beer, which the beer drinkers said was rather good, and water. For food we ordered sandwiches from room service before leaving the ship in the morning and brought them with us in a bad with a bag of ice. The island was gorgeous and the hikes to the waterfalls reminded us of Yosemite though these hikes were much shorter. Mr. Nice’s fruit stand was hilarious and the fruit was delicious. Our group like the coconut candy so much that we even emailed Levi for the recipe. Five minutes walking through the vendors near the ship made me extremely grateful that we had booked an excursion here as that short amount of time was enough for me. If you are going to Dominica look into taking a tour with Bumpiing Tours!

As for emailing Levi he always emailed me back within a day, so if you are having problems just keep trying to get in touch with him - the tour will be worth it. Also, I have a phone number to get in contact with him if you feel like calling Dominica.

We just got back and used Levi as well. He is a wonderful guide! The hike to Middleham is strenous, even the fit people were sore. I have a bad knee and so I stayed at the park entrance where there are bathrooms and a covered shelter. The drivers waiting around were very personable and kept me company, answering any questions and passing time. Levi was leading the hike and Joseph came up with a late group, he was very kind and invited me to sit in his van away from the Mosquitos. Dominica is a gorgeous island and the people are very friendly and considerate. I was able to continue on at Titou gorge which is like something out of a movie! Levi was very quick replying to my emails when arranging the tour. You will not be disappointed with Levi and his crew!

Just back from our cruise and used Levi Brown . Very pleased with him. Very nice and informative fellow. Got us to the Emerald pool before the crowds. Comfortable van, not overcrowded (7 people total on the tour) and fairly priced ($44 per adult and $30 for our daughter).

I would highly recommend Levi

Here is a copy of my review of Dominica with Levi Baron. Click on the Destiny link in my signature to view pics:

Dominica ~

I LOVED DOMINICA!!!! We had a tour with Levi Baron of bumpiing tours (see pic). This guy was great! We told the Nordstorms the night before ... well nothing. We forgot to discuss it. So on our way back to the room the night before, we knock on the Nordstroms door. Their 14yo son just woke up from a nap. So we tell him that we will meet at the gate as soon as the ship arrives. We tell him to tell his parents, he says ok. So we arrive in Dominica and head off the ship. We were there right when they opened up, so not to miss them. And we waited, and waited and waited. Well, I went off to find Levi to tell him we are waiting for the rest of our gang and he says ok. Another 20 min. or so goes by, and still no Nordstroms, so Levi says we have to leave and he will let people know there is another family of three that are suppose to come.

So off we go on our tour. I love Dominica. The rainforest, the unspoiledness of it all! Levi keeps saying that we are late, we are late, kinda making me feel bad, so there will be crowds yada, yada, yada.... There was another family on the tour with us (Michael, Yvette, and Latoya, if you are reading this "hello") and they had waited for the Nordstroms too. So now I'm really feeling bad. Anyhow, the tour was good, we saw lots of Roseau and Levi knew just about every plant, flower or fruit grown on the island. On one of our stops, there was a guy there that Levi was very excited about, he said he was the next Bob Marley. I took a pic with him (rasta guy). We met him at the botanical garden. there was this huge tree that was centuries old. Really cool. Then we were off to Tralfalgar falls. BEAUTIFUL!! And yes, because we were late, it was extremely crowded. It was a little bit of a hike, but everyone was doing it. You could go down to the falls and get in the water, but no one opted for that. On the way down, there was a lady who was feeling a little faint because of the hike so Levi said to be very careful about your health before you decide to do it.

Ok, now back in the van and on with the tour. We stopped by the sulpher springs, really stinky, but neat. Great for our 12 yo to see and experience. I bought some sulpher stuff that suppose to be good for your skin. Started at 10.00 and then 15 for 2. Got him down to 5.00 for one. Not bad. We also drove by a Sulpher spring place where you could sit in the springs. Levi said cruise ship people pay a good price to go there, but you could find a place that is absolutely free, maybe next time.

On our way to Emerald pool, Levi got a phone call saying there were 3 people waiting for him. It was about 2 pm and he doesn't book tours at 2pm. but he knew we had a party of 3 (the Nordstroms) that were suppose to be with us so he headed back to Roseau (which we were going through anyway) and looked to see who they were. Yep, the Nordstroms. Their son thought we said meet them at 2 pm, (remember he was sleeping). Oh well, now we are all here and we are going to finish our tour. Emerald Pool is really a drive, almost felt like taking a nap. So we drive and drvie and drvie and Levi asks if we have any questions and I say "When are we going to get there?" and he says we are here! Yay, so out of the van we pile. and yes it is crowded because we are late. Oh and keep in mind that on Dominica, you have to pay to use the bathrooms at both of the falls. just 1.00, but still, ya gotta pay.

So off on another hike, down, down, down. But what goes down, must come up! We get to the pool and it's beautiful. and perfect timing too. NO ONE WAS THERE!!! We had it all to ourselves! For at least 10-15 minutes, but still, I got the pictures with no one in it. Levi was amazed too! He said you either get there early, or get there late! I didn't get in the water, but the boys and Yvette did. They had a great time. Supposedly, if you get in the water it takes 10 years off...hmmmm, nope! My DH looks the same! ok, now we are done in the water and hike up, up, up! Fun...

Our last stop was suppose to be Mr. nice's fruit stand. But because we are late, he is closed, oh well maybe next time! Lol...

Archived