Levi Baron bumpiing tours reviews? Anyone?

michalanajon

• 2 weeks later...

Just returned from a cruise on the Maasdam (3/25 - 4/4). While on Dominica we toured the island with Levi. He is a great guy and did everything possible to make our day with him memorable. He knjows everything about his island and can answer all your questions. His van is like new and he is a good driver.

On March 29, 2008 we were on Dominica. We booked a tour with Levi. His tour turned out to be the best we have ever had. Levi knows everything about his island and is eager to show it to you. He has a new van and is a good driver. He is willing to give you a tour that is tailored to your request. Don't pass this guy up for someone else!

In June 2007 we were on the Carnival Destiny. In Dominica we did a private tour with Levi and had a great experience. Highly recommend this guide. He is as good as they come.

MexicoBob

We have a private tour with him also. What did you guys do?

• 3 weeks later...

We reserved with Levi for last Tuesday.. Got off the boat late, but Alvin was there to meet us (after asking around where we could find Levi). I feel like we really scammed them..! It was only 3 of us, and we got charged not very much... I actually feel terrible about it now.. ! Alvin was awesome and adorable. He knew a lot about the plants, the island, etc. He pulled over a couple times for pix, and one time, for apparantly no reason until he opened his door and pulled up a handful of grass. He ground it up and let us smell it -- lemon grass! I still have some of it. We ran into Levi at Emerald Pool. Levi is very nice, and so cute. He actually looks like this guy I work with.. hmm... We ran into Levi and his group again at Mr. Nice's -- which was a real treat. I think Levi hates me cuz we were so undercharged -- I emailed him when i got back to rave about Alvin and dominica, and I haven't heard back from him! :( I don't care -- I still love him! :) We got to Emerald Pool early, so we beat the crowds. Titou Gorge was also pretty empty. Loved that place!!! I think we did the Roseau Valley treasures tour. A bit of walking, but so, so worth it. Levi told Alvin to take us to the hot springs at Tralfagar falls, but we were so pooped by then, we didn't even try. At one point, we asked if there was a bathroom at titou gorge, and Alvin said "no".. yikes! but he stopped at a local bar on the way so we could use the bathroom.. Alvin saves the day!

• 2 weeks later...

We were in Dominica recently as the first port of our Grand Princess trans-atlantic cruise and had a tour with Levi of Bumpiing Tours. Someone from our roll call arranged the tour and there were 8 -10 of us. Levi is very accommodating and knowledgeable and fun. He had a van that was clean and A/C, and supplied bottled water and local beer. The cost was $51pp which included all the usual beautiful spots plus the Hot Tub and Champagne Reef.

The Champagne Reef was lots of fun! It is an extinct volcano filled with beautiful corals, fishes, sea urchins, anemones, etc., and has bubbles that escape from the volcanic gas. The bubbles are naturally why it resembles champagne, and they are warm and plentiful in areas.

The "beach" is rocky and there is a boardwalk across the rocks to the end where there is a black rubber mat leading into the water. There are restrooms and snorkel gear rental available, but no beach chairs except on the patio close to the rental shack. I will go straight to Champagne Reef on my next visit to Dominica!!

I highly recommend Levi of Bumpiing Tours and the Champagne Reef.

I highly recommend Levi of Bumpiing Tours and the Champagne Reef.

I would be very interested in seeing some of the beautiful sights that I have read about on Dominica, however we love to snorkle and I would like to do it all! However, I know that it can't all be done.....:( So, would you elaborate on the "beautiful places" that you went to in addition to the snorkeling? Thanks!:)

How strenous was the walking to emerald pool and trafalgar falls--we kinda walk slowly but are mobile

Hi, Bob. I'm kind of new to cruise critic, but went on the Maasdam back in November of 2006 with some friends. We didn't make it to Trafalgar Falls, but did walk down to the Emerald Pool. We took the steeper/shorter route down and then a longer, but less steep, more winding way back and it wasn't bad at all.

I should mention, I had knee replacement surgery in August of 2007, and was fine for the hike down and back. The winding way back was a better choice for my knee (and you get some marvelous views that way, too). The trail was well marked, but we had a tour guide who was very good, too. There are also hand rails in the worst of the steep areas, so I think you'd be fine.

Hi, Bob. I'm kind of new to cruise critic, but went on the Maasdam back in November of 2006 with some friends. We didn't make it to Trafalgar Falls, but did walk down to the Emerald Pool. We took the steeper/shorter route down and then a longer, but less steep, more winding way back and it wasn't bad at all.

Welcome to Cruise Critic!:D

Thanks :) I'd heard about this website before we took the Maasdam cruise, but I kept forgetting to look it up. Now we're planning another Women on the Loose trip, this time to the Panama Canal, so I finally got on the stick and found my way here. I loved Dominica when I was there, so I was just reading through the threads here and reminiscing :)

Sunny AZ Girl, sorry I haven't checked in lately. I'll try to list the highlights of the tour.

That was the first port of a 25 day vacation, so I'll try to remember the names of what we saw. Levi took us first to the Emerald Pool - we got an early start and got there before everyone else and it was beautiful; we also went to Trafalgar Falls, stopped at a local fruit stand run by "Mr. Nice" where he is constantly offering tastes of all the fruits of the island and you just slip a little tip into his hanging jar, we went by the steaming hot tub but it was very crowded and our group voted to skip it, thru the rainforest, then we ended at Champagne Reef for about a 30 minute snorkle. You don't really have to worry about where to go because Levi knows the highlights and will take you if you ask. There may have been more sights, but right now I don't think of them. My overall impression was that Dominica was another beautiful and mountainous southern Caribbean island that was lots of fun and I am glad I visited.

• 2 weeks later...

I want to add a review for Levi... We toured with him a few weeks ago on our Carnival Destiny sailing, and it was the best tour of the week. My husband would definitely agree with me on this one. He took us to Titou Gorge (the best place we went to), Trafalgar Falls, the warm springs, sulfur boiling pools, and Roseau overlook. We even added the Champagne Reef snorkeling at the end. Levi was informative, funny and personable. We felt like we had a friend by the end of the day. The free local beer doesn't hurt either! If you book with Levi, you will NOT be disappointed, although I will because I am not there myself! Every Tuesday, I look at my husband and remind him that someone from the Destiny is touring with Levi! Someday I hope to go back and tour with him again!

• 2 weeks later...

Hey I just booked Levi Baron's Pools, Falls and More Tour for Saturday Dec.6th., couldnt pass it up after all the positive reviews. For $44 plus tip I dont have to worry about what Im going to do for the day on Dominica, only way to go. Thank you nice folks for the reviews and recommendations. Todd

• 3 weeks later...

We just got back from cruising and I have to say the tour we did on Dominica was one of the highlights of the cruise. I booked with Bumping Tours because of all the good reviews Levi has received on this web site and he lived up to his reputation. Our tour guide was Chris and he was really nice and was very informative about the island. Since it was our first time on the island we hit all the highlights. Trafalager Falls, Sulphur Springs, Mr. Nice's Fruit Stand, and Titou Gorge. They will custom your tour to where ever you want to go. My only suggestion...take a snack. You are gone for about 5 hours and you might get a little hungry along the way. The best thing is we got all this for 40.00 per person. Can't get that price from the cruise excursions.

• 2 weeks later...

I have sent a couple of emails back and forth with Levi... and I really want to do his tour. When I asked about time frame however- he said we would leave as soon as we got off the ship... and return was kinda questionable 5.5-6.5 hours he said but I can't tell if it includes the snorkel.... Anybody with experience know how Levi does this? I know there will be other people on the tour... and I want to make sure we have time to do it all without missing the ship. We are in from 11-7 and are tendering. We want to do the Rossea Best Hike and Levi says we will have time to do Champane Snorkel at the end.. the snorkel is very important to us not to miss... So- how did Levi do it for you? Did your time frame work? Did you have to wait on other ppl on the tour? Did you have time for the snorkel after?

Thanks!!!

My wife and I did a private tour with Levi in June, 2007 (Carnival Destiny). Highly recommend this experience. Great tour. Great guide.

This will be a memory that will stay with you forever.

MexicoBob

thanks to all for the great reviews. we just booked a tour with levi in feb. he responded to my e-mail within hours and by the end of the day we had the tour reserved and all questions answered! a promising beginning to what we hope to be a great day.

steve

My wife and I did a private tour with Levi in June, 2007 (Carnival Destiny). Highly recommend this experience. Great tour. Great guide.

This will be a memory that will stay with you forever.

MexicoBob

MexicoBob couldn't have said it better. My (extended) family of 7 did a private tour with Levi July 8th, 2008 and LOVED it! We initially planned to do Middleham Falls, Titou Gorge, Trafalgar Falls and Champagne Reef but ran out of time to do the reef...however, this was due to us wanting to spend more time at the other locations once we got there. Levi had us back to the ship with plenty of time to spare. We've taken lots of tours before, but Levi definitely impressed me as possibly the best guide I've ever had.

Archived