I can't swin & Dh is afraid of heights. What can we do??

Mommytofour

Hi again! I don't mind if I don't swim on the beach and I'm quite sure dh and I won't be doing that slide above the trees (don't know the name, sorry), but I would love to touch the dolphins and look around, I guess. We are doing a Western Caribbean cruise; I know Cozumel is included, I just can't remember the other ones.

You don't have to be able to swim to do the Dolphin thing. You'll be only in perhaps waist-deep water.

You do know that it's not required to do excursions! Alot of folks don't! Some just walk around town, and shop. There are excursions that have nothing to do with water or zip-lines! Some are simply sightseeing trips! Check out your cruiselines website to see what is offered!

You don't have to be able to swim to do the Dolphin thing. You'll be only in perhaps waist-deep water.

You do know that it's not required to do excursions! Alot of folks don't! Some just walk around town, and shop. There are excursions that have nothing to do with water or zip-lines! Some are simply sightseeing trips! Check out your cruiselines website to see what is offered!

the dolphin encounter is less money then the dolphin swim which is what you are thinking about-my duaghter has done both and yes she was in water over her head and the dolphin threw her up high in the air. But the OP can just do the encounter where you "kiss" the dolphin and "dance" with the dolphin-less money-no swimming and no heights.

I am like you-and find I do very little excursions anymore. i also like just walking aorund sightseeing on my own and doing a little shopping.

Thanks all for the advice. I know that the info is out there that can answer so many of my questions. I just figure it is soooo much easier to ask those who have been there done that.

I'm even thinking of getting in touch w/someone from my church (they can be found pretty much anywhere around the world) and ask them if they can be a tour guide of sorts. We'll see what we decide on. THanks so much!!

Hola Mom,

If you are doing a western carib., we can give you some ideas, just tell us when and which ship you sail on.

Our trip is scheduled for March 30 from Galveston on the Voyager of the Seas (RCI). If the dolphin thing fills up fast, where do people sign up? Thanks again!

I know it sounds obvious, but have you considered taking swimming lessons? Everyone should know how to swim...it's fun, good exercise, and it's dangerous to not know.

I think knowing is important and I would love to learn. For now it is one of those things that I'll have to "some day". Because for now my life revolves around raising my 4 kiddos who are 7, 6, and twin boys 3years old.

Looks like you are doing the Jamaica, Grand Caymen and Coz trip. If you want a beach trip you can go to 7 mile in the Caymens or Paradise Beach or Chankanabb on Cozumel. All of these places are kid friendly. You can get a massage or brais you hair in most places and shopping is everywhere. In Jamaica I would have to go to Dunns River Falls.

Oh, I almost forgot. When in doubt, GOOGLE!

Looks like you are doing the Jamaica, Grand Caymen and Coz trip. If you want a beach trip you can go to 7 mile in the Caymens or Paradise Beach or Chankanabb on Cozumel. All of these places are kid friendly. You can get a massage or brais you hair in most places and shopping is everywhere. In Jamaica I would have to go to Dunns River Falls.

Thank you so much!! For now we are not taking our little ones, as for the recommendations, I'll definitely look into it. It is just so much easier to ask people who have been there to get their take on where are good places to visit, you know?

Thanks Again!!

I think knowing is important and I would love to learn. For now it is one of those things that I'll have to "some day". Because for now my life revolves around raising my 4 kiddos who are 7, 6, and twin boys 3years old.

Sounds like a great time to enroll the entire family in swim lessons. You can usually get them for free or low-cost through YMCA/YWCA, Red Cross, Local county or university pools, etc.

Sounds like a great time to enroll the entire family in swim lessons. You can usually get them for free or low-cost through YMCA/YWCA, Red Cross, Local county or university pools, etc.

Chankanabb in cozumel has the dolphin encounter and the dolphin swim-also a nice beach with loungers.

Jamaica is not a nice place- I did not care for Jamaica as I was constantly "bullied" to buy things I was not interested in- so as soon as our tour was over I went back to ship as I had enough-if I were you-I would stay on ship that day and enjoy the pools-it is really nice to do that on a port day-as you have to pools to yourself almost.

Why not enroll the whole family in swim lessons? You can get them for free or low cost through YMCA/YWCA, Red Cross or your local university, municipality or county.

I've thought about it and I think I need to look into it because I don't know how it would work out w/two parents and four kids. Just the whole how will the teacher teach all of us. It'll probably be after our cruise, but I would really love for all of us to learn. We'll see....

Archived