SOS 9/20 versus Jeanne

LisaL

Help! I am losing it. Another hurricane on the way. I am due to fly into Orlando airport at 1100 on Monday then take the shuttle to the ship. I am wondering if I will make it on time? With Jeanne coming up the coast I wonder if the SOS will leave early as it did with Frances. If so, do you think I will make it? Any thoughts??

We are definitely sweating the Sovereign's sailing on Monday, our daughter is getting married (supposed to) on board Monday. I just hope that we are able to board the ship, I don't care where we go, just let us have the wedding :)

Jeff

Jeff, Congrats to your daughter and family. How exciting. I have been reading everything I can about Jeanne, and it looks like she may go up the coast of Florida but she is only expected to be near the bottom of the state on Monday, so that could be good. I don't care where we go either, lets just get on board! Here's hoping everything goes well.

I'd like to chime in with a friendly suggestion. Please call RCI the day before and day of sailing (these #'s can be found in your cruise doc's) to make sure there is no change in your departure time.

This happened about a month ago with hurricane Charlie. Some claimed they had no idea the SOS was leaving early and they missed the ship!

Good luck with the wedding...congratulations to the Bride and Groom and have a wonderful cruise!

When Charley came in Sovereign left at about 2:15.

If Jeanne stays offshore the Orlando airport shouldn't close, so you can get into Orlando. If your ship is leaving early you could always rent a car one way to Cape Canaveral. We had people doing that after Frances while the airports were still closed (one group drove straight through from PA).

Jeff congrat on the wedding!

Lil sis Vern calm down and come over with us on Sunday. We will be at the port and if the transfer us to another port we will go witht he flow! I'm usually the one freak' out. I am strangly calm about this. Someone said that when it hits Haiti it will break up.

At least its not very strong and it really isn't gaining much strength. It's out in the ocean where the water is colder so we are better off.

See you all on the ship!!!!!

Another 9/20 Sovereign cruiser here...As of 9pm last night RCCL had no changes to the itinerary planned, but they told me to check back around noon on Sunday and they would most certainly have an update for me then...

Here's to a great cruise, no matter where, when, or how!

The SOS cruise scheduled for Sept 20th will definitely be affected by Jeanne

is some way. I just can't see based on it's path how any scheduled cruise for the Bahamas schedled from Port Canaveral can take place. The stop at Coco Cay is out because of Francis and now it looks like any stop in the Nassau or Freeport won't happen. Where esle is there to go? Any trip south will riun into the effects of Jeanne. I'm thinking a last minute cancelation with an option for a cruise to nowhere with some perks thrown in. During Hurricane Francis from what I have read, RCCl waited close to the cruise time to change the agenda which upset alot of patrons who felt they were forced to fly to Orlando or lose there cruise. Once there it was pretty hard to get an unscheduled flight out so alot of people chose the modified cruise offer. The good thing is it appears those that did had an awesome time!! Ships were not crowded so service was awesome

Hi,

My friend & I are also leaving on the Majesty on 9/20......I called RCCL yesterday and they told me the only port they may not go to is their private island (which to me is no big deal been there done that LOL) As far as the Bahama's are concerned she told me so far not to worry but call them back on Sunday. If they cannot go to the islands they just have more sea days.

Marilyn (cruzmama59)

P.S. Note to self never cruise during hurricane season......Being a Floridian I should had known....After cruising a total of 18 times this is the first time I booked a cruise in Sept. never again.

Archived