FLL flight time question

lradle

No doubt someone will post here that you'll be fine with that time, but why risk it? True, maybe you COULD make it, but why have THAT in the back of your mind while on vacation?

Airports recommend that you get there 2 hours before your flight, so you'd have to be there by 8 for the 10 o'clock flight. Not likely to happen.

There's too many unknowns like traffic, crowds at the checkin counters, etc.

Rather than worry about rushing around, pick a flight after noon like the cruise lines recommend, and take your time getting off the ship and to the airport for a relaxing end of your vacation!

HAVE FUN!

:)

Yes, I think that's too early. Once we had an 11:40 flight and just made it. At the security lines they asked for anyone on our flight to go to a special line just to get us through. I think on Carnival's FAQ they say not to book a flight earlier than 12:00pm from FLL if you are arriving at the port of Miami.

We did self assist debarkation out of Fort Lauderdale and made a 10:00 flight in December, 2006. We were off the ship at 8:40 and at the airport about 9:00 or so. The airport is only about 15-20 minutes from the pier so we wouldn't hesitate to book an early flight home. You could certainly make a 10:50 flight as long as you get off the ship at a reasonable time.

Yes, I think that's too early. Once we had an 11:40 flight and just made it. At the security lines they asked for anyone on our flight to go to a special line just to get us through. I think on Carnival's FAQ they say not to book a flight earlier than 12:00pm from FLL if you are arriving at the port of Miami.

She's not arriving at the Port of Miami. She arriving at Port Everglades which is 15 minute drive from Fort Lauderdale airport.

But if you don't, be ready to play the standby game. You will be standby the rest of the day behine all the other people who are getting off the ship and made later flights. Now don't get mad at the people working at the airline when the tell you the next flight is full and the next and the next. The if you are one of the luckie ones that get to spend a extra day at FLL and gets on the first flight the next morning, put on the happy face knowing you got 1 more day of vacation then everyone else. But don't get made at the airline it wasn't there falt.

Archived