Nervous About Touring

momjkm

OK.. the day we are in grand cayman, there are 6 ships scheduled to be there. Originally, thought about going to beach, keeping it simple. or maybe sting ray city. but nervous about getting back in time for the ship. Esp with so many people (6 ships)... could crowds not make it worth it? the thought of standing in lines in the heat, sandy and damp, plus being on time is a small anxiety issue for me (always at airpt way early--)and I will have a dh, 2 teenage girls and a challenging 11 yr old son

Jill

Jill,

I suggest for peace of mind that you book through the ship. But both times we have been in Cayman, there have been 6 ships and we have done a private tour and gone to Seven Mile Beach on our own with no problems.

You will have plenty of time. We booked Stingray city and snorkeling with Captain Marvins and they are great. We had about 10-15 people on our boat so we really got alot of interaction with the stingrays. We saw boats from the cruise ship with 40 or more people on them very crowded. They will make sure you are back to the ship in plenty of time.

We've toured Stingray city with Sotos and Cap'n Marvins. Both are great. You have plenty of time to do a tour AND beach and relax. You can rent a car and drive out to the turtle farm or the other end for the Queen Elizabeth botanical garden and blue iguana habitat. Cayman has developed itself to handle masses of tourists. Everyone is happy, it's infectious - the smiles I mean. We've also used the public bus system (which is really vans with friendly drivers). We've rented scooters. Cayman is beautiful, relaxed. You'll have a great day.

Grand Cayman is not to be missed! I have been on 7 cruises and this was by far the best port. Very clean and superb beaches. We had 4 ships in last month (jan) and not bad. Went on Reef. Rays and Rum pt. tour with Native Way water sports...the best! Husband and 2 of my kids went to 7 mile beach and did jet skis at Royal Palms then shopped around. Had a great day. Looking to go back soon!!

We were just there with 7 ships in port and it went better than I expected. The private tours that people on our ship had arranged went in the morning and got back in plenty of time. Some of the tenders our ship was using took @300 people at a time, so even the morning rush to get off the ship wasn't too bad.

Archived