Carnival Legend - cabin question

newenglander58

Hi - my husband and I are booked on Carnival Legend - Western Carr 4/20 - 4/27 - my final payment is due this week to travel agent - no assigned room yet - how to I insure that I get a "decent" room - i.e. - prefer midship - etc.

And - since I'm asking - how do I know if I'm getting a good price - should I ask for specials - etc - think about upgrading? My price right now is $1700 - not including air fare.

Thanks for the help.

Paula

We have done the Guarantee Cabin booking and have always gotten a very nice cabin, so good luck to you.

As to prices, we always check with on-line travel sites, see what kind of prices are being offered, and then, work from there.

Here's some pictures of the Legend from our May sailing, we had a great time!!

http://community.webshots.com/user/mattmdv

Matt

Hi - my husband and I are booked on Carnival Legend - Western Carr 4/20 - 4/27 - my final payment is due this week to travel agent - no assigned room yet - how to I insure that I get a "decent" room - i.e. - prefer midship - etc.

And - since I'm asking - how do I know if I'm getting a good price - should I ask for specials - etc - think about upgrading? My price right now is $1700 - not including air fare.

Thanks for the help.

Paula

Hi Paula fellow Rhode Islander:D We are cruising the Legend the week before you. We are using a TA and she booked our air seperate with SW out of Providence. Not that we would saved a lot from Carnival (cost is about the same) but I wanted direct flights and I wanted to pick my flight times. She watched the flights for me and when they opened up she called me. Don't forget you are paying for spring break:( We have a aft balcony cabin. For three of us $2758.00 (not including air), air is $393.00 pp round trip. We also booked last year so I have noticed that the prices on Carnival wedsite have gone up. $1700.00 seems kind of high without air:confused: I guess it depend on what category you picked. We wanted an aft cabin so I picked one at the time I made my deposit. I am sure there are more people out there that know more about the pricing then me. Does your price include insurance? That would add more to your cost also. I have insurance through TA (I know the cost is more). I did not figure that cost into the above. Hope this helps:cool:

Hi Paula fellow Rhode Islander:D We are cruising the Legend the week before you. We are using a TA and she booked our air seperate with SW out of Providence. Not that we would saved a lot from Carnival (cost is about the same) but I wanted direct flights and I wanted to pick my flight times. She watched the flights for me and when they opened up she called me. Don't forget you are paying for spring break:( We have a aft balcony cabin. For three of us $2758.00 (not including air), air is $393.00 pp round trip. We also booked last year so I have noticed that the prices on Carnival wedsite have gone up. $1700.00 seems kind of high without air:confused: I guess it depend on what category you picked. We wanted an aft cabin so I picked one at the time I made my deposit. I am sure there are more people out there that know more about the pricing then me. Does your price include insurance? That would add more to your cost also. I have insurance through TA (I know the cost is more). I did not figure that cost into the above. Hope this helps:cool:

You mentioned Spring Break - we are from Tampa and April 20th is NOT regarded as spring break here. Maybe up north - but don't they start college again on April 21st? We checked with all the local TA's and they said that spring break is between the 3rd week of March and ends that weekend.

We are flying Southwest also out of Providence and were able to get direct flights.

Reno - our flights were booked seperately by travel agent also - $463.00 each - cost of cruise does include $132.00 charge for the travel insurance.

I just called my travel agent for more info - not sure if they are open today - no answer - will try again later.

I'm okay with the inside cabin - since this is only my 2nd cruise and husbands first I don't feel "cruise savy" enough to know if my prices are good - if that makes sense....

If I'm understanding this right I can 1. choose an available room in the category of my choice or 2. go with a "guaranteed" which will either give me the category of my choice but will be any location on the ship and may be an upgrade.

I'm pretty sure that 4/20 is right after all of the spring breaks - not sure how that will effect things....

matt - thanks for the pics - gorgeous!

We are flying Southwest also out of Providence and were able to get direct flights.

Reno - our flights were booked seperately by travel agent also - $463.00 each - cost of cruise does include $132.00 charge for the travel insurance.

I just called my travel agent for more info - not sure if they are open today - no answer - will try again later.

I'm okay with the inside cabin - since this is only my 2nd cruise and husbands first I don't feel "cruise savy" enough to know if my prices are good - if that makes sense....

If I'm understanding this right I can 1. choose an available room in the category of my choice or 2. go with a "guaranteed" which will either give me the category of my choice but will be any location on the ship and may be an upgrade.

I'm pretty sure that 4/20 is right after all of the spring breaks - not sure how that will effect things....

Hi, if your cabin still shows as TBA, then you TA booked you as a guarantee. I went on several cruises blissfully not knowing what a guarantee was and had one on my 2nd cruise. Dont sweat it. Bring some Bonine if you are worried. I have gotten assigned very aft and very forward, but thats how guarantees work, you are saying you dont care where you will be on the ship, give you a bed. Its a good way to try out different locations.

This time of year the prices are higher. Depends on when you booked too, prices for my cruises seem to only go up up up, so I started to book way ahead of time and lock in the prices early. Go and enjoy and next time you will be more savy and more able to compare prices. It takes a while. You can go and pretend to book your same cruise and cabin and see what prices are like now?

I now check prices in case they drop, if they drop then you should be able to call your TA and get the price decrease.

Thanks for the help.

Paula

I pretended to book a "IS" which is a inside guarantee for your date and ship, and the price that came up was $1546.48 plus you said you paid $136 for insurance...is that about what your total came up with, maybe the price went down?

Some of us check daily to see if the price went down to get a price adjustment.

You mentioned Spring Break - we are from Tampa and April 20th is NOT regarded as spring break here. Maybe up north - but don't they start college again on April 21st? We checked with all the local TA's and they said that spring break is between the 3rd week of March and ends that weekend.

Apparently it is still Spring Break out here in LA, my TA said that was affecting our airfare pricing - upwards, of course.

I guess technically it is spring (until June 21) but it sure seems weird to have to consider the end of April as Spring Break.

To me that seems like a high price for a inside cabin. As I said we have a aft balcony and the three of us it is $2758.00. This does not include the $70.00 fuel charge:( Air is $413.00 each out of Green (this includes the $20.00 service fee for the TA making the reservations on SW). Again I booked about a year ago. When did you book?

community college spring break is the week of March 10 thru 14th and public schools break is the week of March 31 thru April 4th here in Bradenton/Sarasota area of Florida

Hi there...another fellow RIer here....We LOVED the Legend...the rooms were great size and the ship itself was beautiful...always check with your TA about room guarantee and also check the ship's deck plans..

You'll have a great time on the Legend!!

:)

Archived