StarPrincess Computer Help

Help! Just found out that we can only get our business FAXes via email if the receiving computer has Adobe Acrobat reader installed. Princess can't seem to tell us - anybody know this, or have a suggestion about who to call/email?

Also, anyone been to Italian &/or Greek ports' internet cafes & know whether this is standard yet? (I hope I hope!)

Trixie,

I was on the Star in April. Unless they upgraded since then, I don't think you can get .pdf files to open, especially if they are attachments to emails. The interface they use is not really like a regular PC -- you have very limited access. I used the AOL web interface on aol.com and even with that it didn't work very well -- sometimes they reply icon wouldn't display so I had to start a new email instead of replying. My address book was accessible sometimes but not others.

I've never used an internet cafe, so I can't advise there.

You might want to be sure someone here that you trust can access your faxes and can send you the information in a "regular" email if it's your business on the line. If they have Acrobat Reader, they should be able to select and copy text from the fax.

Archived