Carnival Tropicale

We sailed on Tropicale for our first cruise in 2000. it was a great experience. I would love to cruise on her again under any name. Don't think I can afford to go to Australia or New Zealand to cruise though!:( .

As someone else said, we thought she was huge, until she pulled in next to a really big one. And the really big one she pulled in next to is considered small now!

G.F.

Yep, we have retired a few ships. Even our sons have retired two

(Tropicale and Jubilee) and soon will be retiring a couple of more.

Tropicale was our first real cruise-she definetely HOOKED us on crusing. Since them we have also been on the original Pacific Princess and Celebrity Zenith.

We have been on three ships that have been retired and we loved all three because they were small. I just don't get the "feel" those ships gave me on these superliners.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

We sailed on the Tropicale out of Tampa almost exactly 10 years ago for our 10th anniversary. I personally like a smaller, more intimate ship. We made some new friends and had lots of fun. Here are a few pics--sorry about the poor quality, these are pictures of pictures. Didn't have the digital stuff back then.

The ship

Our oceanview cabin

Back of the ship

Bridge tour

Waterslide

Ice carving demo

And I won a "24 karat solid gold plastic ship on a stick" trophy for Name That TV Tune. It still sits on my bookshelf.

There was a British cruise director that did Tom Jones impressions. And a comedian that was hysterical.

• 2 years later...
  • 4 years later...