Kids club hours on different lines?

BRC6C

We're planning our next (or next two or three) cruises and one thing I am having trouble comparing are the hours for the kid's club on the various lines and also what is offered on port days. Can anyone post what they know about different lines and perhaps we can get a list going?

Thanks.

Go here and you can read the different times for the different days/cruiselines yourself. I have the schedules uploaded.

http://s204.photobucket.com/albums/bb196/cruisinmama06/

In a nutshell...cruise kids camps don't *usually* stay open all day long.

On port days, they usually stay open through lunch. But will close down for an hour before dinner.

On sea days, they usually close for lunch, then close for one hour before dinner.

Most camps are open late into the evening (some as late as 3am with a small babysitting fee, $5-$6/per hour after 10pm)

On RCCL, there is no dropping kids off at AO the first night, the first night is for resgitration and some family games.

On Carnival, we were able to drop the kids off the first night.

On Disney, according to my pages from 2004, they don't shut down at all. They open in the morning and stay open until late at night with no fees at night after 10pm.

Carnival, RCCL and Disney seem to have the most age groupings.

Carnvial - 2-5, 6-8, 9-11, 12-14, 15-17

RCCL - 3-5, 6-8, 9-11, 12-14, 15-17

Disney - 3-4, 5-7, 8-9, 10-12,teens

Princess Groups them as 3-7, 8-12, teens

NCL - 2-5, 6-9, 10-12, teens

Cruisinmama,

Do you have a schedule for Navigator of the Seas or is it the same as FOS?

Thanks!

I have Mariner, Serinade and Freedom here...

http://s204.photobucket.com/albums/bb196/cruisinmama06/Royal%20Caribean%20AO%20Compass/

Basically all ships in the RCCL fleet have the same activities in AO. There might be something more specific to the itinerary (like having a Mexican fiesta when it arrives in Cozumel)

But everything pretty much stays the same.

What ages were you looking for?

We sailed on the Disney wonder last December. They never close down. They close at different times in the late evening--usually between 11-midnight. They never shut down for Lunch. If your kids are there for lunch they will just feed them. I felt very secure leaving my kids there and they loved it. We are excited to try Camp Carnival in October to see how they compare as they are bout 1/3 of the price. Disney was great for the kids but keep in mind that there are A LOT of kids!

I have Mariner, Serinade and Freedom here...

http://s204.photobucket.com/albums/bb196/cruisinmama06/Royal%20Caribean%20AO%20Compass/

Basically all ships in the RCCL fleet have the same activities in AO. There might be something more specific to the itinerary (like having a Mexican fiesta when it arrives in Cozumel)

But everything pretty much stays the same.

What ages were you looking for?

Thanks. Your posts are always so helpful!

I was looking for ages 4 & 8.

Archived