Mandoo or Cruise ship excursion?

wheals

:cool: We are interested in the "Nutmeg and Waterfalls" excursion offered by Celebrity cruise ship while in Grenada in February. Has anyone done this trip (or with another cruise ship) or have any opinions or recommendations??? We are also considering taking a private tour of the spice plantations with Mandoo or another private tour operator. We appreciate your input!:cool:

I have posted some photos of Grenada that I took on our recent Galaxy Cruise. We took the tour with Mandoo and I have included lots of photos from the tour. I need to do some editing, this is the raw data with limited titles. Here is the link http://www.pbase.com/iflyrc5/grenada The tour with Mandoo was excellent. Very informative, excellent van for transportation, many stops for photos, excellent tour of the Spice Plantation that Mandoo personally conducted.

Absolutely recommend Mandoo. He takes pride in his country. He took us out for an excurion., and I must say it was probably the best excursion we did.

He took us up to the rainforest, where he has trained the monkeys. HE calls them out for you and feeds them. It was absolutlely amazing.

We booked this tour as a group without the ship. There was enough of us that met on this site, and we all booked in advance.

Don't miss this excursion, you won't be sorry.

We just got back this week and did a tour with Mandoo on Jan 19th. His tour was everything I wanted and more. Everyone knows Mandoo on the island. He is a great embassador of his people and the island of Grenada.We also stopped for a meal at one of the local restraunts. It was great to try local food and had a view of the ocean.Go and enjoy!

Cindy

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

wHAT I FIND interesting is that this seems to be the only port where the ship tour isnt more expensive than the private one-celebrity has a tour that goes to annandale falls,grand etang lake,fort frederick and the dougladstown(sp?) spice estate for only 39.00

I m thinking of just doing that one

• 1 month later...
Are Mandoo's tours crowded with people??? Or can we count on just the 6 of us being on a tour???

We went on the spice tour and yes, it was full. Our bus had approx 18 ppl (give or take) on it. Still was a great time.

Mandoo might take a full minibus, but you'll still have fewer people than with a ship excursion. And he adds a great, personal touch. We had a full bus, but never felt as if we were in a crowd. And it seems that everyone knows him. At the beach people kept asking us if we needed rides, or this and that, and the minute we told him we were with Mandoo they left us alone. We took the spice tour, and added a lunch and afternoon at the beach. We'll be doing the Northern tour with him in January.

Jodi

• 4 months later...

Archived