Crown Review (1-19 - l-26)

christinelee

cristinlee;

I also read on the boards that a possible reason why they were stopping at Margarhita Island instead of Bonaire was for the fuel prices. Since the surcharge for fuel may have not been started on your sailing, they may have changed the itinerary to get a better price on the fuel.

Did you pay a fuel surcharge?

We are doing the14 day option departing 2/23, and hopefully they will stop in Bonaire. I really want to do some snorkling.

Could you also tell me more about the International Cafe. What do they serve? Is there a charge?

Roger The Mainer

cristinlee;

I also read on the boards that a possible reason why they were stopping at Margarhita Island instead of Bonaire was for the fuel prices. Since the surcharge for fuel may have not been started on your sailing, they may have changed the itinerary to get a better price on the fuel.

Did you pay a fuel surcharge?

We are doing the14 day option departing 2/23, and hopefully they will stop in Bonaire. I really want to do some snorkling.

Could you also tell me more about the International Cafe. What do they serve? Is there a charge?

Roger The Mainer

We did not take on any fuel in Margarita......and also we didi not pay a fuel surcharge.......The International Cafe is free everyday until 4PM (except on a few specialty items......taffy apples for one) the salads are incredible also try the marinated mushrooms.......shrimp.....chicken salad.......cookies....after 4 their small meals all have a price on them.....a great place to spend an hour ....two or half a day......entertainment in the Piazza is ongoing also. Go to Coki Beach in St. Thomas for great snorkling also.

Quoting Heartofamerica:

did a little checking and found in a newsletter that not all the locals were upset. Here's a portion of a letter to the editor - I have highlighted what might be a reason for the "congestion":

Quote:

Dear Editor:

Who is the person at TCB that wants to stand up and take the credit for ruining commerce on Bonaire? The store shelves are bare, no milk, little fruit and a poor selection of meat. Why? Because we have two cruise ships at the dock leaving no room for our cargo carriers to off-load

Judging from that, it could be that a cargo ship was either there or coming.

We rechecked with our friends that were on the Summit docked in Bonaire and they informed us that they were there until 7pm and no other ship came in to dock during their visit (cargo ship or otherwise), so I do not believe that we were bumped by a cargo ship.

If , in fact, Princess was informed we would have to tender, I would not see a problem with that, as Princess is very experienced in tendering all the time at Princess Cayes, and Tortola was listed as a tender stop on the other itinerary that Crown is sailing every other week.

If the Captain did not want to tender, he should of had the guts to say so, not hide behind some obscure reason as "port congestion".

Thanks Christine for a great review.

What theme nights did you have? I'm sure there must have been a Caribbean night. Did you have a Western Night? Did Rockin Thru the Ages replace the 50's night? Did you notice if they had a passenger ballroom dance competition; I think it was called Ballroom Blitz on the Island this summer?

What theme nights did you have? I'm sure there must have been a Caribbean night. Did you have a Western Night? Did Rockin Thru the Ages replace the 50's night? Did you notice if they had a passenger ballroom dance competition; I think it was called Ballroom Blitz on the Island this summer?

They had all of the above.....Princess doesn't change much....their Cruise Directors have no imagination at all

Archived