How many at the biggest table in the dining room?

beach410

On the Legend we were a group of 22. We were given two tables for ten but on one table they squished twelve settings in. Since we were all family we didn't mind and took turns at the squished table but it was less than desirable.

The most likely and probably best scenario is as mentioned two tables for eight. You can switch around but it would be best to discuss this with the wait staff for your tables. Let them know you are all together and that you will want to share each other's company.

I believe that on the Miralce there is only one table for 12 and that is the captains table. We sat next to it.

On the Ecstasy last year we spent the first evening in two booths, party of 12. The Maitre 'd came by and asked if we'd like to take the Captain's table for 12, and we were happy to!

We had it for the rest of the cruise, and we left him a nice tip on the final evening.

On the Pride was that in the side dining room? We were seated in the side dining room on the Legend and at first hated it. Felt like we were off in no mans land. However, after the first night we loved it. Our tablemates were wonderful and we had a blast. So much so that others asked to join our table when and if a seat opened up.

On the Legend we were a group of 22. We were given two tables for ten

Great news for us! We are a group of 10 sailing the Legend in three weeks. I have tried in vain to confirm that the ship has tables for ten, so I'm very pleased to read that it does. I've requested over and over again to have us all seated together, but of course (unlike most cruise lines) Carnival doesn't offer that service. Your post certainly gives us hope! We really don't want to be at two separate tables as that challenges the dynamics and there will be the nightly issue of who sits with whom (we prepaid gratuities so we can move around if necessary). We booked far in advance and everyone made final payment early, so hopefully we'll all be at one table!

To address the OP's question, I've sailed Carnival 11 times. All ships have some 8-tops. Most ships have a few 10-tops. We've also been assigned at the only 12-top twice. They keep going to smaller tables with the majority at 4 or 6. We prefer larger tables, so this is disappointing. Your party will definitely be at two tables.

I thought I saw some tables of 12, I wonder if they will let the kids sit at one table and the adults at the other?!

Yes they do. We have taken two (soon to be three) cruises with two other families. The kids sit at one table right next to the adult table. The kids love it because they can talk silly amongst themselves and don't get bored by the adult conversation. The wait staff has been wonderful, joking around with the kids and making them all feel special.

There are a number of different configurations for the tables in the dining room. We were on Legend in 2007 and were at a table for 12, all from the same TA, but stangers as well. We enjoyed the company, but the table was so long that those at each end had a hard time having conversation with everybody. :mad: Your best bet with tables if you have a large group is to be sure that the tables are round so that everyone can enjoy conversations without shouting too loudly. ;)

There are a number of different configurations for the tables in the dining room. We were on Legend in 2007 and were at a table for 12, all from the same TA, but stangers as well. We enjoyed the company, but the table was so long that those at each end had a hard time having conversation with everybody. :mad: Your best bet with tables if you have a large group is to be sure that the tables are round so that everyone can enjoy conversations without shouting too loudly. ;)

We like the round tables best for this reason. Unfortunately for the OP the round tables only seat 8, except for the Captain's table which seats 12 but I wouldn't count on receiving that table.:eek:

How did you get the tables side by side? Did they set it up that way, or did you have to go and request it after you board? The reservations are linked, but my fear is them messing it up. I was going to call or write to make sure they do at least that, put two tables side by side, I am sure the kids would enjoy it, they are really old enough for this as well.

How did you get the tables side by side? Did they set it up that way, or did you have to go and request it after you board? The reservations are linked, but my fear is them messing it up. I was going to call or write to make sure they do at least that, put two tables side by side, I am sure the kids would enjoy it, they are really old enough for this as well.

Once you get on the ship, go to the dining room and find your tables. (The numbers are on your Sign and Sail cards.) If, for some reason, they are very far away from each other, talk with the Maitre d'.

On our last cruise, each family was assigned a different table in the dining room, even though our reservations were linked. (I miscounted in my first post. We were actually traveling with three other families.) We talked with the Maitre d' who easily fixed things so our tables were together. It took no more than five minutes.

So, if your tables are not together, DO NOT PANIC. This can be easily fixed.

If your group are all on the same booking or your booking numbers are linked for dining purposes and your group is too large for one table, your tables should be next to one another. This has always been our experience.

If your group are all on the same booking or your booking numbers are linked for dining purposes and your group is too large for one table, your tables should be next to one another. This has always been our experience.

That's what I always assumed as well. As I stated above, if the tables are not next to each other, just speak with the Maitre d'.

When we first got on board Glory as part of a family group of 10 Canadians and 2 Brits, we 2 Brits were on a table withother cruise passengers and the rest of our group had a table for 10 at the other end of the Dining Room. (Carnival were asked to link the cruise bookings, but did not do so). However, we asked immediately if we could be seated with, or very near to, our relatives and the MD said we could have a table for 12 from the following evening - perfect!!

Archived