Costa Fortuna 3-16-08! . .kids!?

crusingforfun

Costa cruises get a decent amount of teenagers. Last February when we went, there were over 100 since it was spring break over in Europe. Most of them were French or Italian speaking though.

This particular cruise seems to have a good amount of American teens onboard. I might be one of them if we can get all the details ironed out this week =]

Hello!

Im traveling on the Costa Fortuna 3/16/08...time of spring break!

I was wondering if Costa cruises get many teenagers....?!

Hi!

My wife and I went last year in Feb. and there weren't that many kids, but were taking our kids the week after you which is Spring Break for us, so I know there will be lots of teens on our ship. You do realize that the time you're going they are holding concerts onboard with the 3 Dog Night, so there maybe quite a few older people on the boat also. Just wondered if you knew! Have great time on your cruise!

Are you concerned about "wild" spring-breaker teens? If so, then relax. College spring break is in February. Since this cruise is the week before Easter, there will be lots of families on board. Lots of kids, but they'll be with mom and dad.

By the way, my two boys aged 10 and 12 will be onboard too!

Are you concerned about "wild" spring-breaker teens? If so, then relax. College spring break is in February. Since this cruise is the week before Easter, there will be lots of families on board. Lots of kids, but they'll be with mom and dad.

Adding to the topic of college spring break...

Costa has an age restriction during the months of March and April that require someone in the cabin to be 25 or older. So i wouldnt worry about any crazy college people onboard.

Last year during Spring Break I travelled on the Magica with 700 High School Seniors from Canada who were on their "Senior Trip." They were "chaperoned" and I use that term exceptionally loosely by 30 kids just a few years older than them. The shenannigans were legendary -- smuggling alcohol, burning cigarette butts into carpets, defacing art on the walls, stealing the "display" liquor from bars. (Costa will admit this if asked and also verified that they broke their own policy in allowing this group to sail.) There were some kids arrested & detained in Jamaica for trying to bring back some illicit smokeable herb-like substance :eek: and thousands of $$ of damage to the ship.

So while they POST that there is a requirement of adult supervision they violated their own policy with regards to last year's Spring Break Trip.... Apparently, though, the captain was so upset that the line has discontinued such trips, but it did happen...

College spring break is not in February, it usually starts around the beginning to middle of March. I am a fourth year college student at UNLV and I will be sailing on this cruise for my spring break. I am a nursing student who is very responsible and am sort of offended that college students are all being lumped into this 'wild' group of kids. I can control myself and I hope that people wont be looking down on my group just because we are in our 20's.... I did a cruise last spring break through the Mexican Riviera and there were a fair share of 30's and 40's age groups who were a little too intoxicated (and buying alc for high school minors). Just be careful of generalized groupings of 'wild' spring breaker-teens.

You can expect a lot of kids on this cruise. Costa ran a kids for free sale for several weeks on this sailing. It is why we are going. We will have my son and two doughters with us(12, 12, 12,).

Are you going to be on Fortuna on 3/16 sailing? My teenage daughter is the one who posted the question. Not sure why she's soo concerned when just our goup has 4 kids her age.

I'm more worried about my younger daughter who is 11. I'd like her to meet some kids (pref. girl(s)) before the cruise.

Our group has 2 17 year old boys and one 14 year old boy. When they get on the ship tell them to ask the crew right away about the teen program and they will be directed to the monitor in charge of the teen zone and they could meet all the teens right away. Just between Skolega, Arielle,My group and Kristina they are sure to have alot of fun.

P.S. Skolega and Arielle i know my son has contacted Kristina by msn...maybe your kids could connect that way as well.:)

I would love to get to know your kids....so please give them my contact info (its in my profile).

I think getting to know people online before cruising has a sense of secutiry in it...for teen/kids and adults =]

Vol you would get along with my mother. She also acts like a kids most of them time. I think thats why we have so much fun together and love cruising together!

Archived