OK - I Did It - Booked the Glory

basketballmom

This has been covered a lot lately, but here is my summary:

Entertainment: Poor. Only a couple of real shows, other nights it was mostly the CD doing tired old schtick. Pool bands of the past now replaced with a dj.

Food:Good. If you are at the start of the servers rotation, your food will be hot, otherwise it can be cold. The quality of the food itself range from good to excellent. The buffet usually had a couple of things that were good. Pizza, burgers and fish and chips were always good. The deli was really, really good. Avoid the deli on sunday, you might eat enough sandwiches to spoil your appetite for lobster (which when I went, were excellent!)

Ports: western was great. If you don't book a tour in Belize, you'll write back complain that it sucked. If you go tubing or something else, it'll be your favorite stop.

Cabin service: excellent.

Crowds: it got crowded. However, when I went western, the four port stops made this less of an issue

Overall, I had a good time. I almost booked a xmas trip on the Glory until I got a deal on the Victory. CCL is cutting pennies by squeezing more people on a ship. However, the service and food quality is still great. Overall, CCL still has a better quality cruise than RCL. You'll have fun.

we thought it was a great boat, food was very good in the dining room and also in the red snail buffett, I never felt crowed except for in the photo room. they have a great spa and excerse rooms, you will love it, we are going on her sister ship valor next year:D

I loved the Glory. dsclark and I sailed at the same time ( I think). The entertainment was okay...but we spent our evenings in the piano bar with Scotee. He was fun!

I thought the food was really good in the dining room and everything was always hot for our early seating. Service was great except bar service in dining room was slow. Bring in a drink and order 2nd when you sit down if interested. We did lido deck buffet for all lunches and breakfasts. CHinese, deli were good. Fish & chips and pizza were great!

Never had trouble with finding chairs on deck if you move away from the pools. Pools are too small!

If doing western, book excursions in progresso, Belize, and costa maya. Save money and walk around Cozumel. We cave tubed, kayaked and snorkeled.

Our cabin (balcony) was nice. Cabin service was wonderful. Room service food was not too good for breakfast.

ANy other questions..just ask!!!

basketballmom

When is your Glory cruise going to be? I think we posted some messages on another thread. We are booked for 6/25/05. We're looking forward to it especially since our local beach getaway, Orange Beach, AL, got hit HARD by Ivan. My prayers are with those people.

OSU- I was on the same cruise as you. I compared this cruise to my past cruises on Explorer, Soveriegn, Elation and Ecstacy ships.

I did what I thought was a pretty good excursion in Cozumel. I booked a snorkel trip on Mayan tours for $45 (I think it is $30 for kids). We went to about four different reefs, about 4 hours total. They gave us free drinks, including beer and maragaritas. After the last reef, they turned up the music and gave LOTS of drinks! I got some great video footage of the captain pouring tequila into my wife's head and shaking it back in forth! Oh, that was one fun trip!

I brought along my new three chip camcorder, with surround sound mic and a polarizing filter. Cozumel from a boat really looks pretty. I was watching one of my dvd's of the trip the other day and that water is just so gorgeous...

Archived