Dining attire

DeputyDog38

Well, I've got a suspicion that I WILL be judged.

Of course. Are you white? Black? Southern drawl or a 'Yankee?' Fat, by chance? Preppie or a slob?

Somebody out there is always liable to have an opinion about you according to some standards of theirs you may not know of or agree with.

That said, don't sweat the small stuff. I think you'll find good people and a good time. And if somewhere 3 tables over someone silently seethes because you don't have a tie? And...?

Richard.

Deputy..... one suit, sports jacket and shirts is more than enough - please don't sweat the small stuff. You will have a great time and will find that you will fit in fine. That is the dress level we cruise with and find it is perfectly acceptable.

Be aware that only a small percentage of cruisers are passionate enough to post on Cruise Critic and those that do tend to have stronger opinions than the vast majority of those on board. Just enjoy your vacation.

Understand in the dining room but some want you to stay in formal clothes anywhere on the ship in the evening.

So how does that work?

Do they send you to your room without supper:)

I about stressed out over a thread when I first started looking into my first Celebrity cruise. I was told that dinner attire was required ship wide after 6pm and that it was enforced. Even if I wasn't going to dinner I was told I had to dress according to the dinner that evening. WTH??

I have since learned that isn't true at all!

Thanks to all who responded to my reply. I will have a great time. I may have overreacted a little. I have issues with people who seem holier than thou. I am looking forward to a great cruise, and I will post when I get back to let everyone know how it went. :) Now it's time to scour my cruise documents.

I about stressed out over a thread when I first started looking into my first Celebrity cruise. I was told that dinner attire was required ship wide after 6pm and that it was enforced. Even if I wasn't going to dinner I was told I had to dress according to the dinner that evening. WTH??

I have since learned that isn't true at all!

Thanks.

Thats about what our TA told us.

Thanks to all who responded to my reply. I will have a great time. I may have overreacted a little. I have issues with people who seem holier than thou. I am looking forward to a great cruise, and I will post when I get back to let everyone know how it went. :) Now it's time to scour my cruise documents.

Most folks on our cruises have been anything but "holier than thou".

Seems like most folks leave it on the pier.

I think the "holier than thou" folks pretty much hang with each other.

Personally I don't care what anyone wears as long as they at least try to go along with the spirit of the evening. Just don't let anyone tell you that none of what people are saying is true. Here's a copy of the daily from Constellation and I can assure you all the others say the same thing. This doesn't come from other passengers or travel agents. It's what you receive in your cabin onboard. If you can read what it says about required dress on the ship and interpret it any other way, be my guest. Notice it says "for the evening"

I've been on cruises where the dress code is not enforced at all and I've been on cruises where it is and people have been asked to leave the dining room and theater because they weren't dressed properly.

http://travel.webshots.com/photo/1486486047070910903OTOpjq

Ooooh. You got your docs?! Now you have to do the "Doc Dance" and you're set to go! I'm jealous.:D Have a great time!!!

Happy cruising!

Denise

Archived