Tell Me About Mini Suite on Pearl...

pigrl

First time cruiser has booked AF/11094 Mini Suite for 4 adult women. Does anyone have pictures of this room?

Starting to worry?

We're planning on bringing soda, water and booze. Any advice?

First time cruiser has booked AF/11094 Mini Suite for 4 adult women. Does anyone have pictures of this room?

Starting to worry?

We're planning on bringing soda, water and booze. Any advice?

this is what one looks like:

room1.jpg

I can't imagine 4 adults sharing it, but that's just my opinion.

as for your other question--use the search function and you will turn up all the answers you need.

I was in cabin 11102 on Pearl two weeks ago. I loved the room, and it was roomy for 2. While it will technically sleep 4, I think it will be quite cramped. For storage, there is a closet, four drawers next to the bathroom, three drawers in the desk, and a small cabinet above the safe next to the desk. One bathroom, of course.

I'm not sure where to put the coffee table when you open up the sofa bed. I'm sure it will go somewhere, but it was in our way, and we didn't even open up the sofabed.

On the good side, the curtain between the bed and the sofabed will block out almost all of the light and some sound as well.

Good luck!

Sounds like the OP has already booked (not sure for what date) but if you can change the booking one thing you might consider (or for others who haven't booked but who are thinking about 4 in an AF Mini-suite) -- what about booking a Balcony (or even stick with your original AF) and an-across-the-hall Inside. Lots more space, two bathrooms (I understand this might be something of a consideration with four women), and probably close to the same cost, given the price NCL charges for add-on passengers in AF Mini-suites. You could switch cabins half way through cruise to give everybody a crack at the balcony.

Just a thought....

I just picked a non-holiday/vacation week at random (March '09) on GEM and using one of the major online travel sites got these prices:

AF Mini-suite with 4 adults = $3896

BA Balcony (deck 10) w/ 2 adults = $2598

Deck 10 Inside w/ 2 adults = $1478

Total for four adults in 2 cabins = $4076

For not even $200 more, I don't think there's any doubt which option would be better, no matter how well you get along with the other 3 adults!

OK...now I'm concerned! I booked the AF Pearl for Alaska but I have 2 adults and 2 children (13 & 11). The picture of that sofa does not look encouraging.

Do they really expect 2 people to sleep on that thing folded down? On Princess, we had a sofa like that and a bunk that pulled down from above. HAL has the same thing too.

I assumed the cabin could sleep 4 independently, big bed could be divided if you wished plus a bunk with sofa. They give these rooms "snazzy" names but they are not equal to other lines.

You need to pack A LOT of booze!!! Smuggle it in a wooden leg...2 people on that bed will not be friends by the end of the trip.

OK...now I'm concerned! I booked the AF Pearl for Alaska but I have 2 adults and 2 children (13 & 11). The picture of that sofa does not look encouraging.

Do they really expect 2 people to sleep on that thing folded down? On Princess, we had a sofa like that and a bunk that pulled down from above. HAL has the same thing too.

I assumed the cabin could sleep 4 independently, big bed could be divided if you wished plus a bunk with sofa. They give these rooms "snazzy" names but they are not equal to other lines.

You need to pack A LOT of booze!!! Smuggle it in a wooden leg...2 people on that bed will not be friends by the end of the trip.

Disney had the same set up, or at least it was like that in our cabin. I wish NCL did the same thing. My kids are 11 and 12 so I have the same issue that you have.

The couch folds out into a double bed. There's not much room left to move around the cabin, but there should be plenty of sleeping space. Fighting for the bathroom....that's another story.

What are the chances of upgrading our cabin or getting an additional one once we are boarded? I forgot to mention that we do have a balcony. Don't know if that changes the room lay out or not.

The pull out sofa is actually larger than a double bed. They made ours up so the person sleeping on it was lying perpendicular (with feet facing the other bed and head at balcony door). Your children will be fine on it. Our son did complain that it was kind of hard. We moved that little coffee table to the little hallway entrance way. It worked out perfect and was the perfect place for our room service deliveries.

What are the chances of upgrading our cabin or getting an additional one once we are boarded? I forgot to mention that we do have a balcony. Don't know if that changes the room lay out or not.

Slim to none on the chance of changing things onboard. If you want something different do it now. :)

i am in minisuite 11014 as i type....do get great wifi reception in this suite. the minisuite is FABULOUS for 2. i can even see 2 adults and 1 child. we have a queen that can be separated into 2 smaller beds for 2. the fold out couch doesn't look like it could comfortably sleep two adults....especiallly if those women don't usually share a bed. i think the biggest problem would be where to put all the luggage if you have alot. ours for 2 is under the bed. you may be able to make it work if you're just planning to 'camp' in your cabin. for me it is a 2 person max space. balcony seats 2 only. towel space in bath really only for 2. just my opinion.

All AFs have balconies, and with possible exception of handicapped rooms, I'm pretty sure are all identical in layout. Rebook (if possible) with two cabins, you'll be much happier, I'm sure! If you were willing to splurge you could even get two Balcony staterooms on either side of the ship, so your party would always have the best view!

if you're comfortable with the sleeping arrangements and you are not bringing much stuff, you might consider joining the spa for the week. then you can use the shower facilities up there and dress there etc. i just thought of that after i posted earlier. i went to spa because my legs were sore from all the walking i did touring st. lucia....and i dressed up there. have done that a few times. cost $250.00/ couple to join for the cruise. not sure what the single rate was.

Archived