Advice Needed

kguenther

My husband and I will be taking our first cruise aboard the Sensation in March 2005. We want to snorkel in Cozumel, and we also want to shop. Our ship is supposed to be in port from 7 am- 6 pm.

Which snorkel tour would you take? Mayan snuba or Eagle Ray?

I think we are leaning toward Mayan because that tour would be over by 1 pm or so, and we could go grab lunch and shop....

Also, how do I know where to go for great food and great shopping?

How do I get from where Mayan drops us off to where we want to be to eat and shop?

Any info much appreciated.....

Thanks!

Mayan Paradise Tours is my favorite. I've never tried Eagle Ray since MPT offers such a great trip. Keep in mind that you'll have the option to snuba if you choose MPT - it's amazing!

You'll have to take a cab to reach Nachi Cocom. That's where the Zorro will pick you up and drop you off after the trip. The restaurant there is reasonably priced and they have good food.

Have a great trip!

You could also consider taking a taxi to Chaankanaab national park (about $10 for the taxi and $10pp for admission). Snorkeling there is done from the beach and is nice. Snorkeling gear is $6 rental I believe.

The admission to the park is now $12 for adults, $6 for kids. Bring cash as plastic isn't accepted.

I just came back and did the Eagle Ray Snorkel, two reef mid morning tour. I loved it. It was wonderful, easy to get to. Get off the boat, walk down the pier, haul a taxi. For a nominal fee it takes you less than 10 minutes down the road to the Marina and right to the boat. You can book a three or four reef snorkel trip. If you choose the three reef trip lunch is included. Either way you will more than have time to back to the pier area and wander through the dozens of shops right there. Or you can take the two reef, they will make sure you get a taxi at the end, and head back to the pier for lunch and shopping or off to Pardise Beach for the afternoon, etc.

I just posted on my Eagle Ray Experience, scroll down to the next post to read the detail.

These people go above and beyond and give you a quality and caring experience. It was really wondeful.

2 reef tour is $50 pp gear, soft drinks, water and beer included.

http://www.eagleraydivers.com

Archived