Shuttle service from Miami hotel to Port of Miami?

Jeanne B

Is there any shuttle service that will pick you up at a hotel in Miami rather than the airport? We're staying at the Sleep Inn Miami Airport and there will be a group of about 13. If the others are interested I was thinking it might be better to arrange for a large van rather than wait on the hotel shuttle.

I've seen Top Shuttle mentioned on here but I can't tell if they offer hotel pick ups.

We will be taking SuperShuttle from the Sheraton Miami Mart (near airport) and the flat fare to the port is $11 per person. They base fares pretty much on zip code so anywhere near the airport should be about the same. They also do groups from 10 to 50. One consideration though for 13 would also be room for luggage so they might need either a larger vehicle (small bus) or two vans. One way or another it souldn't be more than $11 each. http://www.supershuttle.com/default.aspx?content=Miami

Otherwise there is also Miami Airport Shuttle Inc. ( http://miami-airportshuttle.com/ ) and they have everything from vans to full sized busses. But their regular shuttle service looks to be more than SuperShuttle's. I don't know anything about this outfit but I've used SuperShuttle all over the country.

This may be a dumb question but can you reserve these van cabs in advance to pick you up at the hotel?

Just tell the front desk at your hotel that you need cabs to the port and would prefer the vans, which would hold more people. I'd even ask the day you check in. If you take the super shuttle, you will be paying close to twice as much as the cab service will be. Airport to the port is $24.00 by cab. Divide that by 4 passengers...$6.00 a person. No way would I book a shuttle. Waste of time and money.

Not sure what to do? Why not call the hotel and get the fare by cab to the port. And compare for yourself. Never pays if you have to pay "per person" rather than per ride for a big group.

Archived