Which night is Dutch Night?

HeatherInFlorida

Having read the menu on Dutch Night;) , we thought that might be a good night for the Pinnacle. I called to make a reservation and they don't know which night it is.

We're on the 11/7 Eastern Caribbean sailing and she's "pretty sure" based on previous itineraries that it would be the 3rd night out (Tuesday, 11/9) so I made the reservation for that night.

I wondered if any of you who have sailed so frequently on HAL might have a way of knowing which night it would be because I think your expertise is often far superior to Ship's Services:) .

I was trying to jump the gun a bit because from what everyone is saying about Dutch Night, I thought there would be a lot of people wanting to go to the Pinnacle. So I wanted to reserve ahead of time.

Maybe I'm better off just cancelling and taking my chances. Worse comes to worst we can go to the BBQ:D .

Heather, I did the same thing for my estern Car on Oct 16 on Zuiderdam. I called ship services and the woman "guessed" Dutch Night would be Thursday, so I booked (and paid for) the Pinnacle. Also for the first night two-fer.

I wonder if I can cancel if Dutch Night turns out to be a different night?

(BTW, Heather, you won! "Nice" put you over the top with the late voters.

ekerr is entitled to a recount because it was soooooo close: fewer than 2600 votes! But she has declined since she is nice also. Looks like the thread was tossed.)

Heather, I did the same thing for my estern Car on Oct 16 on Zuiderdam. I called ship services and the woman "guessed" Dutch Night would be Thursday, so I booked (and paid for) the Pinnacle. Also for the first night two-fer.

I wonder if I can cancel if Dutch Night turns out to be a different night?

(BTW, Heather, you won! "Nice" put you over the top with the late voters.

ekerr is entitled to a recount because it was soooooo close: fewer than 2600 votes! But she has declined since she is nice also. Looks like the thread was tossed.)

Ahhhhhhhhhhh.....Roboat! I'm so touched! What can I say? Who should I thank?:D Yes, thread was tossed and just as well. I'm sticking to "safe" threads these days ... like Dutch Night and chocolate. I really don't think I can go wrong.

Question: When the lady "guessed" which night was Dutch Night, did she say how she decided? My lady told me it was based on previous itineraries and the day she gave me is a sea day, but then KK says it's the day you're in port the latest. Are you in a port on that Thursday? Maybe we can figure this out;) .

After your cruise, be sure to let me know how it worked out.

Dutch Night is Tuesday in the East Carib (barring hurricane changes). I'm on your sailing (11/6/04) and if they return Dover Sole to the menu, I'll be in the main DR. If not, I'm in the Pinnacle for the Chocolate Volcano... yum!

Menus below.

Having read the menu on Dutch Night;) , we thought that might be a good night for the Pinnacle. I called to make a reservation and they don't know which night it is.

We're on the 11/7 Eastern Caribbean sailing and she's "pretty sure" based on previous itineraries that it would be the 3rd night out (Tuesday, 11/9) so I made the reservation for that night.

I wondered if any of you who have sailed so frequently on HAL might have a way of knowing which night it would be because I think your expertise is often far superior to Ship's Services:) .

I agree that it's a good idea to find another option on Dutch nite and the bbq ain't it. Anyone been on the Volendam lately that knows for sure? We're on the 11/6 sailing with ports of call at Nassau, St Thomas, Tortola, Dominica, Barbados and HMC.

Think we will look at booking the Pinnacle that nite.

Thanks in advance.

How many "Dutch Nights" do they have on a 14 day cruise? I enjoyed the meal and the Dutch food (if it really was that). I inadvertly got two meals that night, the waiter misunderstood what I was saying to him and bought me two meals. They both were very good, the second entry was the Dover and its really amazing how they debone it. I was very full that night and I was very careful after that how I ordered my meals. Two meals was just too much for me at dinner time after all we had during the day.

Sorry to go on like that, thought I would cover several points here.

Archived