"Guarantee" and Luggage Tags Question

AkKruzer

I haven't seen this question posted yet, and I'm wondering if anyone can help. I have over a dozen cruises under my belt, but this is the first time that we have gone with a "Guarantee," in this case a balcony guarantee. My question is: how do you identify your luggage before you leave it with the dock porters, if you don't know what your cabin number is going to be? Do you drag your luggage through the check-in process, then tag it when you find out your cabin number, and return to the curb? I haven't done my Fun Pass yet, or completed the travel documents on line, so I don't know what my luggage tags will look like. Any assistance you can give that will ease my concern over this issue will be very much appreciated.

Just did this on the Victory. Ask the porters for your cabin assignment. They have a manifest. Ours was cabin 1061 on the Panorama Deck. They put a Panorama Deck tag on the bag and then give you a pen to mark the cabin number on it.

I suspect the closer to sailing date you find out your number. Carnival now used a cheaper tag with no glue and is stapled or taped by you to your bag.

I noticed in my ticket it said if you need more luggage tags you could print them off at the website.

AkKruzer, I too have a guarantee room, an Oceanview for the Pride on 4/6/08. I have yet to receive our stateroom #. According to my travel agent, as soon as the rest of the staterooms have been paid for by the other guests and assigned, that is when you'll receive your stateroom #. That is also when there is the possiblility of an upgrade. I have heard that one can receive their stateroom # the actual day of embarkation. After filling out the Fun Pass and My Documents online, there is a printable luggage tag, but the stateroom # is listed as "TBA". These I believe can also be filled out the day of embarkation if you haven't received your stateroom # by prior to your sail date.

We booked a Balcony guarantee for our November 08 cruise and I was worried about this myself and called my PVP she told me that 95% of the time it will be on your documents because you booked before final payment was due...I don't know how true that is but this is what she said...so she said it will be assigned by the time my docs are printed

Online and in our documents ours were listed at TBA. We leave on the 10th on the spirit. but when I checked today, the room is listed and the room was listed and we got an upgrade.

So keep checking and maybe the room will be on line

Thanks again to all who replied. I feel much better about this now. jku2: 10th of Feb or 10th or March? Just wondering how much before your departure you got your cabin number. Either way, have a great time! I am secretly hoping for a suite upgrade, but I will be happy with my balcony guarantee, as long as it isn't on the Panorama Deck right under the main pool!!

I am set to sail April 6 on the Conquest. I booked directly with Carnival and selected Electronic Docs. I entered all my information in the Fun Pass area and it has shown complete for 10 days. However, when I generate my electronic documents only our names show up. Is this normal? At some point in the future will the other information such as addresses and birthdates transfer? Or will we have to hand write all the info onto the electronic docs? Anyone have this happen?

Archived