Which Month To Cruise?

swdke

Looking to book a Baltic Cruise next year. We don't mind cool weather, but prefer sunny days, and are flexible with dates. Can anyone share recommendatons based on their experiences when might be a good time to go? I am sure anytime is a good time to go as it is fortunate just to be able to go. I just thought I'd like to consider what past passengers might recommend and maybe that might help me to choose a month/date. Thanks in advance for your input.

Steve

Just returned from our Baltic cruise. We sailed from Stockholm on Aug 27th. The weather everywhere we went was beautiful. Warm but not hot. Sunny everyday. i wouldn't want to go in July or early Aug. because it can get hot and nothing much is air conditioned; especially the museums. Late Aug/Sept is a great time to go. We go the the Med on Sept/Oct and always had beautiful weather and the lines aren't too long by then. You will love the Baltics. Check out Radisson Seven Seas. They have some good deals now and they are top shelf cruiseline. No tipping and free drinks!:D

Ahhh, the weather. You can never tell. As a local Stockholmer, I can tell you that we had a rather dreary summer this season. But last summer was the hottest in a long time.

Pack some shorts, some long trousers, a sweater, toss a coin and come and visit us in beautiful Scandinavia. :)

Skål

We just returned from the Jewel (8/20 sailing). Cool and rainy in Oslo, bright warm sunshine in Copenhagen, started out warm in Stockholm then turned cold and windy, missed Helsinki due to high winds, St. Petersburg cool and wet the first day, sunny and warm the second, Tallinn sunny and warm. Lesson here - expect (and pack for) any type of weather!

Archived