bodyglove snorkel set at costco?

sanjay

by far the stupidest question ever in this forum

last week i purchased a bodyglove snorkel set from costco...

i can't figure out how to open/use the strap for the goggle

has anyone bought the same set....and if so.....how did you open up the strap? thanks!!!!

The adults sets were $40 and the kids were $26. Came with mask, snorkel, fins and carrying case. It was a nice set, won't get to use them til June though. The kids snorkel is the kind that won't fill up with water. Said it was for kids up to 11 but my 9yr old just fit in the fins, we bought a small adult instead.

We got 2 sets in 2006 & used them a lot in Hawaii. Worked great.

I didn't like the hard fins couldn't get used to them & found they bothered the top of my foot) so went back to full foot rubber but hubby liked his.. I also liked the carry case is better than the mesh bags.

eltigre

• 2 months later...
We got 2 sets in 2006 & used them a lot in Hawaii. Worked great.

I didn't like the hard fins couldn't get used to them & found they bothered the top of my foot) so went back to full foot rubber but hubby liked his.. I also liked the carry case is better than the mesh bags.

eltigre

My husband still has sores from wearing his hard fins 3 weeks ago. Otherwise the Costco set is a good deal. You get your money's worth from the bag, snorkel and mask.

We are on the RCI LOS Eastern in early June. We are planning to do some snorkeling, and trying to decide if we should buy recreational snorkel sets ($30-$40), or are we better off just doing an excursion that includes the gear? If not on an Excursion are there any quality Snorkeling that is accessible from the beach areas (Labadee, St Martin(DIVI/Orient), San Juan) Can decent gear be rented, like on the Beach?

We can't wait until June. Just for perspective, we had 5 feet (yes 60 inches) of snow last Thur/Friday. We are soooooooo ready.

Thanx

We are on the RCI LOS Eastern in early June. We are planning to do some snorkeling, and trying to decide if we should buy recreational snorkel sets ($30-$40), or are we better off just doing an excursion that includes the gear? If not on an Excursion are there any quality Snorkeling that is accessible from the beach areas (Labadee, St Martin(DIVI/Orient), San Juan) Can decent gear be rented, like on the Beach?

We can't wait until June. Just for perspective, we had 5 feet (yes 60 inches) of snow last Thur/Friday. We are soooooooo ready.

Thanx

Sorry but there's little, if any, decent snorkeling in Labadee, St. Martin, or San Juan. You might be better of with an excursion, though folks in this forum always recommend your own snorkel and mask for fit and hygene reasons. But I've been to all three and didn't find much of anything to write home about, excursion or shore-wise.

Randall

P.S. if you want recommendations, go to San Juan and see El Morro or San Cristobol, both very nice forts. In St. Martin do the beach or go to Margot for a french lunch, and in Labadee, enjoy the small number of native craft stands and find a nice surf chair on the beach.

The Black Hills of South Dakota. The 5' finished falling on Friday AM, then on Sat it was 40 degrees and has been about 10 degrees higher each day. Now we are about drowning. Still have about a foot in most of my yard.

Thanx for the Snorkeling info. Will try and find something else.

We did the Fort on San Juan on out last Cruise on a Cunard ship on our HoneyMoon Cruise ...................................... in 1985 . I don't remember alot about it. I told you we were sooooo ready.

The Black Hills of South Dakota. The 5' finished falling on Friday AM, then on Sat it was 40 degrees and has been about 10 degrees higher each day. Now we are about drowning. Still have about a foot in most of my yard.

Thanx for the Snorkeling info. Will try and find something else.

We did the Fort on San Juan on out last Cruise on a Cunard ship on our HoneyMoon Cruise ...................................... in 1985 . I don't remember alot about it. I told you we were sooooo ready.

Hi,

There are a couple of extra options in San Juan. One we did which was very interesting was to buy a Frommers guide to San Juan that included a walking tour. You take a taxi to El Morro and follow the book. A lot of people walk the old town but don't realize that Spanish architecture means the "alleys" are the street-sides of the buildings and most interesting things are in the courtyards. There are quite a number of public buildings around El Morro that look like plain offices but once you enter you'll find excellent courtyards and free museums in them.

You can also take the ship's excursion to the rain forest. This is a great way to see the country side (and the numerous KFC's :) ) and you get the opportunity to walk in the rain forest along with stopping by several waterfalls. But note this is a full day trip and only book through the ship as traffic can get busy and the ship will wait for the bus if you run late (has happened twice when we cruised there).

Another option is to go to the bus station (steps from the "city" cruise terminal) and take the bus to Condado Beach. This is a hotel/restaurant area just 5 minutes from the old town and easy, easy by city bus (not to mention cheap). You can ask the bus driver to drop you off at the start of Condado Beach (across the bridge that connects Condado Beach to the Old Town) and visit the beaches there, shop or have some great Puertorican food. Buses run about every 15 minutes from Condado Beach back to the bus station. Information at the bus station can give you maps and schedules.

Anyway, three alternatives to the forts and I'm sure you can find more information on the San Juan port discussion group.

Randall

Archived