Ok guys, a question for you.....

I finally did it, I think I've found a great birthday gift.....my DH likes to fish, I dont think he's ever been deep sea fishing or that he would have thought to do that since we always do things together.

On AOS in March/April I thought, hey, while in Puerto Rico (we will be there two days prior to the cruise) I could send him deep sea fishing while I shop:p -no connection between the two mind you:p ....any way I digress......I looked into it and they have half and full day sails.

What do you think? He hates birthdays and holidays, the whole gift giving thing but I thought, hum, could this be a good idea?

If so, what to do, half or full day? We will be getting in very late on the evening of the 28th, if at all, do I risk setting it up for the 29th? (can't for the 30th, this is the day we leave, but we dont board until very late.....what do you think. If not in PR how about Aruba?

I appreciate any guy advise out there or if you've done one of these things, any suggestions about who? I'm going by a travel book here for suggestions! :D

i think that would be an awesome gift idea. i think it would be better if he went with a friend, but i am sure he can make friends with the other guys. i would do the whole day trip because he will probably get to go to better places and have a better opportunity to catch some serious fish. Puerto rico is the fishing capital of the caribbean. he can catch some serious fish like Marlin, Tuna, Wahoo, Dorado and Sailfish; some serious fun if you ask me. I would try to find a charter that has a reputation, check online and talk to your hotel they will tell you whats good. He could catch a keeper which would be the best present ever and he could catch a flying fish which many people will never be able to claim that. i am pumped for him. good luck

make sure he has a camera and bring gloves

I checked for couple charters in Fodor's travel guide, what do you think of this comp.?

www.mikebenitezfishingpr.com

They take individual ppl - I want to book him for an entire day, like you said, I think that is key.

I thought he could go off and fish for the day and I'll get our luggage and junk on the ship then he could join me there, or.......I'll shop or site see!:p

Maybe I'm on to something after all! I'm his only friend in PR and on this cruise and, it wont happen, me on a fishing boat:o !

men are really best friends with whomever wants and likes to do what they like to do.

It should be fine.....oh and Conanc - I KNOW the coach outlet is in San Juan, I'm with on that and I guess I'll just have to find something to occupy my time while he's fishing.....:D

men are really best friends with whomever wants and likes to do what they like to do.

It should be fine.....oh and Conanc - I KNOW the coach outlet is in San Juan, I'm with on that and I guess I'll just have to find something to occupy my time while he's fishing.....:D

...and Dooney & Bourke are next door! ;)

Archived