shopping in Ocho Rios Jamaica

Jungle Jane

I am not familiar with any of these places, not looking for anything in particular, just some souvenirs and am willing to check pretty much everything out. Nothing big ticket...

Sonis Plaza

Taj Mahal

Island Village

someone also mentioned shopping at Margaritaville, I thought this was a restaurant?? Am I wrong??

Thank you!

Island Village is an area that Margaritaville is located in. It is walking distance from the pier and gated. You do not have to worry about being harrased in this area if that is a concern. There are many shops like del sol, cigar shops ect... if you are not looking for anything in particular. Margaritaville also has a gift shop. We went on a tour with Marva Shaw and she took us to a shopping area--don't know the name, but it had better prices than Island Village (I think) We didn't buy much except rum. We did not have any problem with being harrassed anywhere on the island. We are not big shoppers either!

If you don't mind a good walk, the ones mentioned are within walking distance Actual distance depends on which dock your ship uses, but either way the shopping areas will be to your left as you leave the pier area. Taj Mahal is the closest, but keep walking and you will pass many other stores (including a Baskins Robbins, KFC, Burger King, and very good local bakery). The rum Raisin ice cream is highly recommend - very authenic. Eventually you will come to a very large craft market on your left - Soni Plaza is across the street from that. Beyond that point there is not much in the way of additional shopping within walking distance. Alternatively, hire a taxi driver to take you to multiple places (negotiate a rate for all day, or whatever time you want ot spend).

Archived