Kayaking or Snorkeling in Casa de Campo - on Celebrity

micmacmissy

I've heard nothing good about Casa de Campo ... we will be on a Celebrity ship and they have a few excursions we are considering; a kayak tour of Chavon River, a visit to Bayahibe Beach, or possibly skeet shooting.

Anyone have any experience with these, and did you enjoy it?

Or is this truly a stay-on-the-ship port?

Thanks for any and all opinions!

I've heard nothing good about Casa de Campo ... we will be on a Celebrity ship and they have a few excursions we are considering; a kayak tour of Chavon River, a visit to Bayahibe Beach, or possibly skeet shooting.

Anyone have any experience with these, and did you enjoy it?

Or is this truly a stay-on-the-ship port?

Thanks for any and all opinions!

I went on the kayak excursion while on the Explorer of the Seas cruise in early January. I would not recommend it. The river is muddy and not very scenic. The wind was strong that day and 12 of the 29 kayakers gave up and had to be brought up to the rest point by motorboat. There is nothing to see or do at the rest stop. Nowhere to even sit down. They handed out soft drinks and water and then we paddled back.

The snorkeling excursion was apparently also not very good. Lots of garbage and other stuff in the water.

I did hear good reviews on the horseback excursion.

I posted some photos on webshots and you might be able to access them on the link below. However, today there seems to be problems with webshots' internet site.

There was a posting about the snorkeling excursion on Cruise Critic but it seems to have disappeared

andrew

Archived