liberty of the seas cabin choice

First time cruiser. I have booked a superior ocean view with balcony on liberty of the seas 10/08 7 night eastern carribean. My husband, myself and two sons 12 and 16 years old will share the cabin. Is this a good idea? Will my two sons, 5'5" and 6'1'" sleep comfortably on ths sofa bed? Should I give up the balocny and book two basic ocean views or inside cabins? We seem to only "sleep" in our room when we vacation. I am concerned about all sharing one bathroom and making our dinner seating. Any advise would be helpful.

We have sailed many times with our 6'1" son in an overhead berth.....he said it was very comfortable but the one time we had a sleep sofa it was very confining and not very comfortable. I would book a balcony and an inside across the hall or a balcony and a promendade cabin before I would put 4 people in a balcony cabin. You then have 2 baths as well!

First time cruiser. I have booked a superior ocean view with balcony on liberty of the seas 10/08 7 night eastern carribean. My husband, myself and two sons 12 and 16 years old will share the cabin. Is this a good idea? Will my two sons, 5'5" and 6'1'" sleep comfortably on ths sofa bed? Should I give up the balocny and book two basic ocean views or inside cabins? We seem to only "sleep" in our room when we vacation. I am concerned about all sharing one bathroom and making our dinner seating. Any advise would be helpful.

I think it is always hard for 4 people in a regular stateroom (non suite). Maybe you should look into a regular balcony and an inside. The 3rd and 4th passengers are usually at inside (or slightly below) rates anyways.

What sailing are you looking at?

The 7 day Eastern Caribbean Liberty of the Seas 10/11/08. I'm really struggling to make and stay with a decision about cabin choice. My cost for superior ocean view with balcony $3100. I could get two side by side inside rooms for about $2900. Cost is not my sole consideration. Comfort is also a big issue. There are basically 4 adults.....myself, my husband, my 12 yr old son who is 5'5" and 145 pds and my 18 yr old son, 6"1" 175 pds. These are not small boys. I get anxious thinking about us all sharing one bathroom. Also, where are all the suitcases, clothes and shoes going to fit? It's my first cruise so I'm having difficulty making this decision

I would book 2 inside or promenade cabins if all you plan to do is sleep in them. If you really want the balcony and cost isn't too different then try the balcony with the inside or promenade across the hall. In my opinion your kids will not be comfortable in that sofa bed together and the four of you will be tripping all over each other and fighting for space in drawers and shelves in closet. If you choose to keep the balcony I would sugget that you and your spouse get ready first while the kids are still poolside and then head out of the cabin for a pre-dinner coctail while the boys get ready. :rolleyes:

While the "superior" cabin is larger than a regular cabin, it's still going to be a really tight fit with essentially 4 adults!

RCI has some of the smallest cabins going, and while they're designed well, there's no way for all of you to stand and walk in the room at the same time!

I would book 2 inside or promenade cabins if all you plan to do is sleep in them. If you really want the balcony and cost isn't too different then try the balcony with the inside or promenade across the hall. In my opinion your kids will not be comfortable in that sofa bed together and the four of you will be tripping all over each other and fighting for space in drawers and shelves in closet. If you choose to keep the balcony I would sugget that you and your spouse get ready first while the kids are still poolside and then head out of the cabin for a pre-dinner coctail while the boys get ready. :rolleyes:

While the "superior" cabin is larger than a regular cabin, it's still going to be a really tight fit with essentially 4 adults!

RCI has some of the smallest cabins going, and while they're designed well, there's no way for all of you to stand and walk in the room at the same time!

I agree with both of you. Two cabins is a much better option. In case of a balcony and a promenade room: I checked the OPs sailing. I think it will be slightly higher than putting all 4 in one cabin. BUT if you go with a balcony (E1 or E2) and a regular inside than the cost will be almost equal.

Just the luggage alone will be a nightmare. Plus the closets are not really made for 4 adults.

OP, you will be very unhappy even if you just use the cabin to sleep in. Just going to the bathroom at night will be a nightmare.

Look at some combo options like balcony/inside or balcony/promenade inside. The couple hundred bucks extra is well worth it.

Archived