Godfrey/Sunny - reliability... any RECENT reviews?

broadwayshopaholic

I hear such mixed reviews about both of them. I love singing and having fun, but not being overly wild, so I feel like my boyfriend and I would like Godfrey's better. However, I've read some pretty nasty reviews on here. I've heard he's unreliable, and doesn't show up, which really concerns me. We will be in St. Thomas on February 26th.

Does anyone have any recent reviews? ...And any pictures from the tour?

We have used both Sunny & Godfrey. Actually prefer Godfrey. Here's why....We used Godfrey a couple years ago and had a nice experience. He is a nice man and gives a great talk at Mountain Top. We found him reliable and punctual. This past Nov. we toured St Thomas with a group of 28 people and wanted to have a tour where we could all go together and enjoy ourselves. We tried Sunny this time. He was also reliable and we reserved his tour in advance using PAY/PAL. Our entire group was ready and waiting for Sunny and he had us wait another 15 mins in the hot sun for another couple (not part of our group) so he could completely fill his vehicle. We had agreed in advance we would have a private tour. We waited and the couple never showed. We did our 3 hrs of shopping and met up at noon as agreed for the island and beach tour. The other couple joined our group there and we had to SQUEEZE in at 80+ degrees in order to fit everyone onboard. The intercom system on his trolley is absolutely horrible and he screamed along with the music and songs. We had to ask him to quiet down. NOT FUN. His talk at Mt. Top was just ok and we felt rushed. The trip to the beach and ship were just fine and he accommodated those who wanted to go to the beach and those who wanted to return earlier to the ship. Long story short, I'd use Godfrey hands down next time. The tour is a great value.

We just used Godfrey last week and really enjoyed the tour. He was never early but was on time. We were early on the dock and looked all over the place for him. Sure enough at precisely 10:00 I see him carrying a sign with my name on it. We were seated 5 to a row for the trip to town. But when we started the tour portion at noon he added a second truck that followed his truck. He didn't want more than 4 per row for our comfort and visability. His tour is very informative (sometimes TMI for some people) but was enjoyable. I would recommend his tour to anyone.

A group of 6 of us used Godfrey's last week. We were told he would meet us at our ship at 9AM. I was beginning to get nervous but he did show up at 9:05AM. We then had to go to the Carnival ship next to us to pick up 2 additional couples. We went downtown for shopping. Godfrey told us to meet him near the Post Office at 12:15PM for a 12:30PM departure. We arrived at the bus at 12:10PM. When we left the shopping area, it was past 12:30PM.

We then made a stop at an overlook and then we proceded to Mountaintop. Godfrey did a wonderful job explaining the area. We were under the impression we would have a choice of Meagan's Bay, Coki or Sapphire. Godfrey decided to take us to Secret Harbor. The beach was ok but we arrived at the beach at 2:45PM and we had to be back on the ship at 4:30PM.

At 4PM, we went to the parking lot to look for Godfrey but he was not there. His other driver, Vince, took us on his cab and started back to the ship. The bus met Godfrey on it's way back to get a package from Godfrey (someone in our group left the package from shopping in Godfrey's cab for safe keeping).

We had to take the long way back to the ship since there was so much traffic on the local route. We arrived back at the ship at 4:45PM. We were lucky since the NCL Gem was anchored behind us our ship, Explorer of the Seas, could not leave until the Gem left. We finally left St Thomas at 6:30PM.

I was on the same tour Keiedy was on, and they are accurate in their review. My wife and I enjoyed it though. Godfrey wants you to enjoy things and see the highlights of his island. Secret Harbor was not the best, but we enjoyed it. The driving is an experience in itself, but all drivers did well for there being 5 or 6 ships in port that day. I would have liked to stay in St. Thomas for an extra day and cut out Dominican Rep. I would reccomend Godfrey to anyone, especially for $25.

Archived