Completely Depressed & Frustrated...HELP!

Brenda33

Smooth, I won't quit. I just have to accept that once your body reaches a certain weight.....a weight that is actually a healthy weight for you.....that it slows down greatly in the loss department. Fact is I am fine the way I am now....I just WANT to be less. I am praying for 120.....but I am dreaming of 115. I don't know if I will get there, but I am certainly not ready to quit. I am eating very healthy and working out 5 times a week. I could probably get to 115 more easily if I became a workout nut......several hours a day.....but that would be torture and its not really who I am. I do have a goal, but I want it to be obtained within reason. Everyone is now telling me how great I look. I LOVE THIS!!! I wore a super sexy outfit last Saturday that was on the verge of ......well a bit slutty. LOL....BUT hey, we all deserve a little bit of pretend play. Yesterday I did a bit of sunbathing in my 2 piece bathing suit!!! That's right!!! I reached that goal. You have all been such a great help in helping me achieve my goals.....I may have actually quit alot sooner without the support. One thing that was wrong for me......I didn't need to eat more....when I did I lost less......when I ate less that is when I lose weight. I guess we are all made up differently. I hope everyone is doing well.

I am fine the way I am now....I just WANT to be less. I am praying for 120.....but I am dreaming of 115. I don't know if I will get there, but I am certainly not ready to quit. I am eating very healthy and working out 5 times a week. I could probably get to 115 more easily if I became a workout nut.......

Congrats Brenda!! As long as you are eating healthy - that is key. Don't aim for something unreasonable, toned and sleek is much healthier than thin and bony any day, not to mention how much better it looks! :cool:

I wore a super sexy outfit last Saturday that was on the verge of ......well a bit slutty. LOL....BUT hey, we all deserve a little bit of pretend play. Yesterday I did a bit of sunbathing in my 2 piece bathing suit!!! That's right!!! .

Ha! I know what you mean - my sweetie is always wanting me to dress a bit more...ah..."suggestively" ;) . I try....but I'm think I'm permanently perched on the conservative side of the fence I'm afraid! However, I've been back in bikinis for about 4 years now...love the tan lines!! :D

One thing that was wrong for me......I didn't need to eat more....when I did I lost less......when I ate less that is when I lose weight. I guess we are all made up differently.

Actually, "eating more" is advice usually offered in good spirit, but worded incorrectly. Eating a greater volume of low-density foods is what works. No one will ever burn more fat by eating MORE calories - given everything else is status quo. Glad you figured out the proper balance.

I've been bouncing up and down a pound or two...flirting with 140 but for some reason the weekends have been killing me. I think it's because many lately have been cold and rainy and I've been stuck inside. This weekend should be a good one, so lots of yardwork is in order!! Maybe I'll even wash the cars. :D Hope everyone has a great weekend!

So what would you say are your top 3 tips that have helped you?

Smooth, I won't quit. I just have to accept that once your body reaches a certain weight.....a weight that is actually a healthy weight for you.....that it slows down greatly in the loss department. Fact is I am fine the way I am now....I just WANT to be less. I am praying for 120.....but I am dreaming of 115. I don't know if I will get there, but I am certainly not ready to quit. I am eating very healthy and working out 5 times a week. I could probably get to 115 more easily if I became a workout nut......several hours a day.....but that would be torture and its not really who I am. I do have a goal, but I want it to be obtained within reason. Everyone is now telling me how great I look. I LOVE THIS!!! I wore a super sexy outfit last Saturday that was on the verge of ......well a bit slutty. LOL....BUT hey, we all deserve a little bit of pretend play. Yesterday I did a bit of sunbathing in my 2 piece bathing suit!!! That's right!!! I reached that goal. You have all been such a great help in helping me achieve my goals.....I may have actually quit alot sooner without the support. One thing that was wrong for me......I didn't need to eat more....when I did I lost less......when I ate less that is when I lose weight. I guess we are all made up differently. I hope everyone is doing well.

Happy, the up and down a pound thing. I do that all the time.......but then I know I've past it when I reach that next lowest pound....then I go up and down with that one...and so on........It all depends. On Mondays I weigh more....same as you....weekends. Well, we all know that I eat on Saturdays!...and I will NEVER give that up.

My top three tips would be:

1. Fat intake: Eat all foods very low in fat. I have been eating chicken breast (no skin), veggies, fruit, brown rice.....many bean soups....high protein, no fat. I have avoided red meats. I have had lean pork (the other white meat ;) ). I have also had shrimp.

2. Portion Control. I think if you eat only what you need and not more just because its yummy it really helps. Also, say I crave a sweet...very rare for me.....anyhow, I can walk by and take one jelly bean and be satisfied.

3. Never give up....set a goal....there will be haters who do not support you....remember its your goal and I can swear to you that when you reach that goal its like the best feeling in the world. I went to Bebe Sport and bought my first sexy little outfit ever there!! I was secretly dreaming of it. My daughter wears these things and it was my goal to look hot in one too. So everytime I felt like quitting I went in her room and admired her clothing......yeah, its a real push when you want something so badly. I actually got tears from achieving this one. If I gave up, I'd have tears for an entirely different reason.

p.s. forgot to mention....I lost ANOTHER pound today. 123 now!!! Keep em coming!!!

Way to go, Brenda!!!

YOU are an inspiration to many who read this!!!

Happy, the up and down a pound thing. I do that all the time.......but then I know I've past it when I reach that next lowest pound....then I go up and down with that one...and so on........It all depends. On Mondays I weigh more....same as you....weekends. Well, we all know that I eat on Saturdays!...and I will NEVER give that up.

My top three tips would be:

1. Fat intake: Eat all foods very low in fat. I have been eating chicken breast (no skin), veggies, fruit, brown rice.....many bean soups....high protein, no fat. I have avoided red meats. I have had lean pork (the other white meat ;) ). I have also had shrimp.

2. Portion Control. I think if you eat only what you need and not more just because its yummy it really helps. Also, say I crave a sweet...very rare for me.....anyhow, I can walk by and take one jelly bean and be satisfied.

3. Never give up....set a goal....there will be haters who do not support you....remember its your goal and I can swear to you that when you reach that goal its like the best feeling in the world. I went to Bebe Sport and bought my first sexy little outfit ever there!! I was secretly dreaming of it. My daughter wears these things and it was my goal to look hot in one too. So everytime I felt like quitting I went in her room and admired her clothing......yeah, its a real push when you want something so badly. I actually got tears from achieving this one. If I gave up, I'd have tears for an entirely different reason.

These tips would also be my top 3 I think with a few added thoughts:

1) The one thing I would add about fat is that it is necessary to have some fat in your diet. I find that by adding a little bit of fat, especially in the beginning of a meal, it helps to satisfy my appetite. Some times a bit of avacado or 3 olives etc...

2) You know me w/ my handy plan... I love the portion control!!! :D

I credit this above all else for my weight loss. It's not that hard to do once you get the hang of it. I also find that if I stop BEFORE I get a full feeling & wait about 15 minutes, then I feel full. If I eat until I'm feeling full, 15 minutes later I feel "stuffed." It was the learning to stop sooner that came with the smaller meals that really had an impact on how I started accepting the smaller meal sizes and that truly a nibble of something will keep from obsessing about it to the point of major overeating.

3) You said it best: Define your goal, own YOUR goal, and find whatever it is that motivates YOU! (other peoples thoughts, words or actions simply do not apply here) Never, never give up... on your goals or on yourself!!!

And if you slip, or your weight fluctuates, no biggie, just keep going. That is no reason to stop or give up, you know?

I Love your thought about the tears. Which kind would you rather have? That's a good thought we could keep in our minds, too!

Congrats again & thanks to all that have contributed to each other!

Taggie

It just occurred to me that Chi must be back in port today!! I bet she is fabulously tan and had a great time. I hope she rejoins us and gives us some highlights of her cruise!

Yesterday was great here weatherwise, for a change! I got lots of yardwork done - my arms were actually a tad sore this morning as I did so much edging with the gas trimmer. The first time I do this in the spring it's a huge chore as there is so much overgrown grass, and usually I get it done over a couple of days, but I did it all at once this time. Still, it always gets me when I do something like that and actually feel it in my muscles, since I work out so much it just surprises me. But I guess if I DIDN'T work out, I probably would be in a heap on the driveway. :p

As expected, today is colder, and rainy of course. These are the days that I have the toughest time - that dang snacking monster will be calling my name here shortly so I need to get busy! Oh well...I have a few errands to run, and need to hit the gym too, so off I go.

Hope everyone has a great day!

Hi gals..the weather here in S.Florida has been pretty overcast! After 2 weeks of accident "rest",I am starting back in my regular gym/eating routines tomorrow. I've been cooking all day, and splurged and bought my favorite Brazilain "acai" pure fruit..not that mona via crap...so I'm motivated. I passed a crucial board exam this past week (by one point but who the hell cares it's a point)

To celebrate, I accompanied a friend of my darling's (he's a baby..25!) to a hot nightclub in Miami..oh man I whooped it up too much..got home at 4:15 this morning and can hardly move. I felt like I was his chaperone!

Keep uip the good work everyone...M

It just occurred to me that Chi must be back in port today!! I bet she is fabulously tan and had a great time. I hope she rejoins us and gives us some highlights of her cruise!

Yesterday was great here weatherwise, for a change! I got lots of yardwork done - my arms were actually a tad sore this morning as I did so much edging with the gas trimmer. The first time I do this in the spring it's a huge chore as there is so much overgrown grass, and usually I get it done over a couple of days, but I did it all at once this time. Still, it always gets me when I do something like that and actually feel it in my muscles, since I work out so much it just surprises me. But I guess if I DIDN'T work out, I probably would be in a heap on the driveway. :p

As expected, today is colder, and rainy of course. These are the days that I have the toughest time - that dang snacking monster will be calling my name here shortly so I need to get busy! Oh well...I have a few errands to run, and need to hit the gym too, so off I go.

Hope everyone has a great day!

Hi all...

Happy....snacking is so tough!!! I found a good snack if you are a "cruncher" like me. Its Nabisco Garden Harvest Toasted Chips. I like the vegetable flavor. Anyhow, you can have like 16 chips for around 110 calories, 3 grams fiber. They are made with whole grain and each serving supplies you with a 1/2 serving of your daily suggested veggie servings for the day. All around a healthy cracker.

OK......my new dilemma. I want to wear......or maybe I need to wear....depending on how you look at it....those low cut sexy jeans. My problem is that I can't find jeans to look sexy on me. All the really sexy ones that the younger people wear are super low cut. Now here's what happened. I actually FIT into my daughter's jeans!!! :D I tried them on this morning as a joke....and zip, button....no problem. BUT.......my body isn't in shape to wear them with a tight top........I guess my stomach is not tight enough. Now I have had 3 c-sections. My question is, is it possible for me to look super hot in these jeans ever?.....or will it require surgery? :eek: Of course, due to finances, surgery is not an option for me. What can I do to make that mid section super tight? I have been using a sit up machine, etc......I just don't think it will ever all be tight there. On the other hand, does anyone know of any sexy jeans with a little higher waste? I'm talking the tight legged ones, maybe a fancy embellishment, etc. By the way, my daughter is mortified that I fit in her jeans. LOL

On another note......a bad one.....my darling husband :rolleyes: said to me last night that no matter how much weight I lose I will never look sexy because I have a 43 year old body. Yeah, it didn't go well........

Oh if only I could reach my hand through the computer screen so I could slap your husband up side of the head. I suspect underneath it all he is envious of what you accomplished and all the willpower and stamina you had to pull out of yourself to do it, ya know the full package of where you are now.... Probably a defence reaction and a tad jealous when people comment on how you look while in his presense. By the way I never discuss such things with my husband as to what I want to wear, some things are left better unsaid.

But onto thoes lowcut jeans. Brenda, I am older than you and low cut jeans are all I own for a few reasons. First of all for my weight and measurements it is close to impossible to find jeans that are not low cut, often I need to shop in the Jr department and the second reason is because...well, just because I can and they look good on me. But find yourself a babysitter, hit the malls and try on tons of then until you find the ones that are right for your body..takes some time but you will find the right ones.

Listen, just this past November when I had my "cruise surgery", want to talk about a bad body situation. The scar starts at the top of my belly button, runs down the entire length of my lower abs... so yes I lost every bit of muscle tone that I had. After hard and long work my abs are probably stronger and tigher now then before the surgery. It can be done and because you had a few C-sections is not a reason that you cannot be there too..... I think it is just a bunch of bull.....

Go get'um!

Well, you answered your own question Brenda. If the jeans don't look super sexy, then they don't look super sexy and you shouldn't wear them. Is it really a big deal to you to look "super sexy"?? Why? If you look good and people compliment you then that should be good enough. To others you look good otherwise they wouldn't say so. It's like I said before, you could lose a lot of weight but if you remain a "big fat pig" in your head you wil always be one no matter how thin you are. If it's not going to be tight there, then it's not going to be tight there. Face it and move on.

I think it looks hideous when people who are way old (not you) try to wear clothes that are much younger and just don't look right on them. I'm thinking of the 60 year old woman who still try to wear junior size babydoll dresses. Ugh. You get the point.

You can be sexy at any age. Look at Sophia Loren, Ann Margaret, etc..they look sexy and they aren't waring low cut jeans. It's an attitude and how you wear your clothes. I've seen some very large Hispanic and West Indian woman that wear tight clothes, little skirts and they are plus size women..but they have a sexy attitude about them even thought the clothes aren't so hot looking on them.

Hi all...

Happy....snacking is so tough!!! I found a good snack if you are a "cruncher" like me. Its Nabisco Garden Harvest Toasted Chips. I like the vegetable flavor. Anyhow, you can have like 16 chips for around 110 calories, 3 grams fiber. They are made with whole grain and each serving supplies you with a 1/2 serving of your daily suggested veggie servings for the day. All around a healthy cracker.

OK......my new dilemma. I want to wear......or maybe I need to wear....depending on how you look at it....those low cut sexy jeans. My problem is that I can't find jeans to look sexy on me. All the really sexy ones that the younger people wear are super low cut. Now here's what happened. I actually FIT into my daughter's jeans!!! :D I tried them on this morning as a joke....and zip, button....no problem. BUT.......my body isn't in shape to wear them with a tight top........I guess my stomach is not tight enough. Now I have had 3 c-sections. My question is, is it possible for me to look super hot in these jeans ever?.....or will it require surgery? :eek: Of course, due to finances, surgery is not an option for me. What can I do to make that mid section super tight? I have been using a sit up machine, etc......I just don't think it will ever all be tight there. On the other hand, does anyone know of any sexy jeans with a little higher waste? I'm talking the tight legged ones, maybe a fancy embellishment, etc. By the way, my daughter is mortified that I fit in her jeans. LOL

On another note......a bad one.....my darling husband :rolleyes: said to me last night that no matter how much weight I lose I will never look sexy because I have a 43 year old body. Yeah, it didn't go well........

Wow M...kind of harsh about the jeans thing. Yes, I want to look super sexy. Do you know any woman who doesn't? Yes, I want to be able to wear super sexy jeans. I love jeans. I love dressing them up with pretty tops and heels. I just wish they made these super sexy jeans a little bit higher on the waste instead of at crotch zone. LOL In any case, I am just wondering if ab workouts can really change my body enough to where I will like the way they fit. If not, I wish I could find the sexy jeans a bit higher. If anyone knows where to get them, please let me know.

Is he still on the floor? Because that is where I would have left him. :cool:

Pardon me, but he is an idiot. We all know better than that!!!

I am not being harsh at all. I am trying to point out to you that you are probably already sexy just the way you are. That's what I mean.

Ab work can change your definition if you don't have a lot of fat there..but the reality is you have to do thousands of crunches, etc. and related exercises over a long period of time to get the washboard thing if that's what you want. There is nothing wrong with wanting that if you can do it.

Did you smack your husband yet? Did he mean to say that you have a 43 year old body..in terms of it's age and that it was never going to look the way it did at 19? (he's right..you could make it look flat and ripped, but it's still going to be a 43 year old body)

Try Rocky Mountain jeans...they are VERY tight western jeans with a higher waist and many styles. YOu have to get them at a western store or online.

Wow M...kind of harsh about the jeans thing. Yes, I want to look super sexy. Do you know any woman who doesn't? Yes, I want to be able to wear super sexy jeans. I love jeans. I love dressing them up with pretty tops and heels. I just wish they made these super sexy jeans a little bit higher on the waste instead of at crotch zone. LOL In any case, I am just wondering if ab workouts can really change my body enough to where I will like the way they fit. If not, I wish I could find the sexy jeans a bit higher. If anyone knows where to get them, please let me know.

Jeans are tough. What do you mean by "super sexy"?? "Sexy" is a word that means different things to all of us. What is sexy to one person can be slutty to another (and no offense meant to anyone by that!! :) ). There are many examples of women that are considered to be "sexy", far older than you, so age is not a factor here, in my opinion. I prefer the low-rise jeans, as does Smooth, simply because they are more comfortable to me. But I would not wear them if I had any tummy "overhang", as I don't think that is a pleasing look, much less "sexy"!

I too don't want the extremely low rise, but I like them right about an inch or two below my belly button. No two bodies are the same, so Smooth is right about trying on as many as you can. You just have to find the ones that fit YOUR booty properly! Mine are from American Eagle (called "Hipsters"), and they are very nicely priced at 29.99, so I really happy to find that they fit me so well. I prefer the light wash, but they come in dark too. I think I am different from most gals in prefering the lighter color, but I've just never cared for dark denim. :o Just so you can get an idea of the rise of these pants, I took a couple of quick shots. (Now don't go making fun of my flat butt!! :rolleyes: )

Oh, and I like them so much I have them in two lengths - reg and tall (for wearing with heels).

857734199_jeans001.jpg.92bdb64079b8687f8a082cf55baf01b4.jpg

jeans.jpg.3a85940072b571163c87f0b809f41f1f.jpg

As to the abs thing...M is really right...crunches and ab work give great definition, as long as the fat is burned off to see it. If there is really "flab" there, then burning off the fat is what would be needed. But, if what you have is muscles that have been damaged by the C-sections, I'm not sure if you'll ever be able to have a really taut tummy without surgery. I know a gal at work, a friend actually, that has had 2 c-sections, (she is 44 now) and she had a tummy-tuck last year for this very reason. And believe me, she is definitely a "sexy" gal, even before the surgery!!

Gosh I still cannot get over your hubby saying that!! :mad:

I think every woman on the planet no matter what size struggles with the jeans thing. For me, Levis always work, and have for years. Lee's make me look matronly. I actually bought some cheap ones from Penney's , St. John's Bay, and those were winners. Brenda, maybe run a post on the fashion board for other ideas. I've read there about Victoria's Secret Jeans.

Seems, too, that Jeans styles and fits are always changing too. My 550 Levis from 4 years ago finally had to be tossed because I wore them out..and they don't make that particular cut anymore :(

I'm with Happy..nothing looks worse than low rise jeans with a "muffin top" (what I call the overhang!).

I looked at the Rocky Mountain jeans website..many new fits..http://www.rockiesjeans.com

Jeans are tough. What do you mean by "super sexy"?? "Sexy" is a word that means different things to all of us. What is sexy to one person can be slutty to another (and no offense meant to anyone by that!! :) ). There are many examples of women that are considered to be "sexy", far older than you, so age is not a factor here, in my opinion. I prefer the low-rise jeans, as does Smooth, simply because they are more comfortable to me. But I would not wear them if I had any tummy "overhang", as I don't think that is a pleasing look, much less "sexy"!

I too don't want the extremely low rise, but I like them right about an inch or two below my belly button. No two bodies are the same, so Smooth is right about trying on as many as you can. You just have to find the ones that fit YOUR booty properly! Mine are from American Eagle (called "Hipsters"), and they are very nicely priced at 29.99, so I really happy to find that they fit me so well. I prefer the light wash, but they come in dark too. I think I am different from most gals in prefering the lighter color, but I've just never cared for dark denim. :o Just so you can get an idea of the rise of these pants, I took a couple of quick shots. (Now don't go making fun of my flat butt!! :rolleyes: )

Hi gals..the weather here in S.Florida has been pretty overcast! After 2 weeks of accident "rest",I am starting back in my regular gym/eating routines tomorrow. I've been cooking all day, and splurged and bought my favorite Brazilain "acai" pure fruit..not that mona via crap...so I'm motivated. I passed a crucial board exam this past week (by one point but who the hell cares it's a point)

To celebrate, I accompanied a friend of my darling's (he's a baby..25!) to a hot nightclub in Miami..oh man I whooped it up too much..got home at 4:15 this morning and can hardly move. I felt like I was his chaperone!

Keep uip the good work everyone...M

4:15 am!?!? :p :rolleyes: Sure hope you slept in this morning! I've done my share of that too...always better to do it on a weekend though, for sure. Sounds like a great time! Congrats on the exam!!

Hello ladies. I had a FABULOUS cruise! I am exhausted though...I didn't go to bed before 3 am, and was always up around 7. This morning I didn't go to bed until 5 (I was hanging out with a fella I met on the cruise), and got up at 7 to disembark. I'll write more tomorrow and report in on my weight.

Ugh...I'm discouraged and irritated. Aside from my first and last trips up to Lido deck when I had my carry-on luggage, I took the stairs the entire trip. I worked out every day but Friday. I did indulge a bit in food, but I certainly ate and drank way less than in previous cruises. I weighed myself on Sunday before boarding - 136.2. I weighed again on Wed on the ship and I was 136! Weighed again on Friday - 140:mad:. That's what I am this morning. I NEVER gained weight on a cruise before. My last cruise I took the elevator, ate tons, only worked out once, and no weight gain. What the heck? I'm sure it will go away fairly soon, but it took me soooo long to get from 138 to 136:(

Leslie.....A few thoughts....first off did you know that for whatever reason many people "swell" on cruises. This will go down within a week. I don't know the exact reason, but its true. I've seen it happen. Next, the last time you cruised and did not gain weight.....were you at a heavier weight to begin with? Its easier to maintain a heavier weight than a tiny little weight that your body may be resisting. Also, I bet noone but you notices the few pounds difference. I'm sure you will be back to your happy weight within a week or 2.....I'm sure of this because I know that YOU want it that badly. No worries......Keep me posted.

M.....Sorry, I misunderstood.....and YES I AM SEXY....LMAO......ok, whatever....In any case, not sexy enough!!

I looked at the jeans that you all posted. Happy....although I love your jeans for knocking around....and I like the washed out look too.....I am looking for dressier jeans, maybe with an embellishment onthe pocket. Super straight legs too. I tried that website zafu...and I am still toying with it. I don't like ordering anything. I must do the try on thing.....I am NEVER the same size. I have size 4 jeans up to size 10 jeans.....and they all fit in some way. Very weird.

I am going to work alot on my abs now to see if I can change the tightness there. I am not looking for the washboard thing......just the looseness needs to go. I am honestly not sure if it will. I feel like the ab under the skin is tight....but I have a big chunk of skin that I think needs to be tummy tucked....and well can't afford that. But, it can't hurt trying.

Regarding DH......he meant to hurt me. That is just who he is. Thanks for letting me vent about it.

I looked at the jeans that you all posted. Happy....although I love your jeans for knocking around....and I like the washed out look too.....I am looking for dressier jeans, maybe with an embellishment onthe pocket. Super straight legs too. I tried that website zafu...and I am still toying with it. I don't like ordering anything. I must do the try on thing.....I am NEVER the same size. I have size 4 jeans up to size 10 jeans.....and they all fit in some way. Very weird.

I am going to work alot on my abs now to see if I can change the tightness there. I am not looking for the washboard thing......just the looseness needs to go. I am honestly not sure if it will. I feel like the ab under the skin is tight....but I have a big chunk of skin that I think needs to be tummy tucked....and well can't afford that. But, it can't hurt trying.

Regarding DH......he meant to hurt me. That is just who he is. Thanks for letting me vent about it.

Vent all you want! That's one of the good things about this cyber-exchange...it's a great venue for releasing anger and frustration, besides all the support and information we get! ;)

I knew you were looking for something dressier - I just wanted to show you the "rise" of the pants...as they are considered a "low rise"...but they are about as low as I would wear. Without a completely flat toned tummy and lean hips, I don't think a "super low rise" looks good on anyone. But I'm very selective and critical clothing-wise - probably more than most. :o

I was walking behind a gal at the mall yesterday - she and her friend were probably about...oh....18 or so...and yes they were both overweight...but this one girl quite a bit more than the other. They both had on low rise jeans...probably not much lower cut than mine to be honest - with a tight stretchy top (tucked in thankfully). And I swear - above the girl's belt was an overhang of flesh that far exceeded the size of her very generous rear end. I mean...it looked just awful - I am talking about at least 5" outward from the belt. Her profile was so misshapen it almost made me wonder if she was doing permanent damage somehow. And I cannot for the life of me understand how someone can leave the house, especially WITH A FRIEND, looking like that. I will never ever understand it. okay---that's MY vent I guess. :rolleyes:

I agree about ordering online - I HAVE to try on. But the site gives you some ideas of what brands might fit best, that was all I was suggesting. I don't know about where you live, but "premium denim" here is not usually found in the malls. Here you have to find the little boutiques hidden away...it's the only places I've seen them. But I just won't pay those prices. My dressiest (and sexiest) jeans (I just have a problem calling jeans dressy!! :p ) are made by Jag, and carried at Nordstrom here. They were $70 - about as much as I will pay. Also they have a bit of stretch to them. I never thought I would like stretch jeans, but these have only a little, and Too much spandex will cause sagging in the rear and at the knees - so you have to be careful buying jeans with spandex in them. My Jags are 3%, and my AE's have 1%. (By the way I never even realized the AE's had any spandex until I got them home and looked at the label for washing - I guess that is why they feel so comfy. ) I also have several pair pair of Tommy Hilfgers, and one pair of CK, but the AE's are my absolute faves lately.

I found another site that I had forgotten about. Maybe some more ideas here...?

http://www.truejeans.com/jeans/

Now go try on some sexy jeans! And let us know how you do. :)

Archived