Completely Depressed & Frustrated...HELP!

Brenda33

Hi all....I haven't been on here in forever. However, I did want to share with you all my success. As you all know its been a long challenging journey for me. I am thrilled to report that I am now 116 pounds!!! I never thought that I would achieve this. Its amazing how much my body has changed too. I actually look good in jeans and a bikini!! My goal is to be at 115 by my cruise, which is June 9th. After I get home I think I am going to go for 110....hey, why not? I've come this far!!

For anyone following my thread, I know you all know that I never believed that I could be thin again. I thought I had to accept being heavier because I was 44 years old......well I'm here to tell you all, NOT TRUE!!...With hard work....and I do mean HARD, we can all achieve our goals. I spend between 1 and 2 hours a day at the gym. I have varied it up....I do the circuit, the eliptical, take power hours and other classes, plus I have been taking personal training. I have also changed my eating habits and now know what I can and cannot eat and that it is OK to cheat as long as I get back on the wagon.

I wish all of you out there great success. I will remind you all....NEVER EVER....and I mean NEVER give up!!! YOU CAN DO IT!!! :D

Oh G... Wish I was you.... Sounds like you are having such fun.. Ok some confusion but stil fun....

For me life sucks!! My youngest son, my number one, has bone cancer and after learning this only 2 weeks ago he decided to backpack it across the country rather then do kemo.... I miss him althought when he finds a hot spot he calls me.

What does one say, except... it sucks!!!

Didn't read all the posts, but I did just see this, and I want to tell you how very sorry I am to hear about your son. I will pray for your family.

Just saw this thread. Wow Brenda!! How terrific to read your original post and the followup. Congratulations on the weight loss. I just joined Weight Watchers last week. I hope to have a followup post like yours someday soon. The speaker at the meeting said that as all people know who have lost weight, maintaining the weight loss is harder than losing it. I haven't lost it yet, so I can't fathom anything harder than losing it. But thought I'd share with you what she said. Stay strong and keep it off. No doubt a struggle can still be ahead, but it sounds like you took it off the right way and have made a lifestyle change. That really sounds like the only way to get it off and keep it off.

Well gals, I'm still digging out of everything. But I haven't put the weight back on that I lost and am sticking to the "regime" Aunt Lolly had me on in Jamaica...fruits, vegetables, and fish and am pretty much eating everything I want. No breads but I've lost my taste for that anyway. The consulting job would be working with the ministry of child development for the country going into remote areas to identify the "hidden" children with brain disabilities which is my inital training (neuropsych). They'd give me a car and everything. It may be that I can commute between Miami and there, and live 2 weeks on/off. It's a long process and wouldn't happen for a year but I love the coutnry and have a lot of connections and am somewhat "manless". On that front, I met a diving instructor and hung out with him for the two weeks I was in Jamaica..I know I am such a pig..LOL..but I hear from him daily ever since I have returned. The other weird thing was an ex that I was with for al ong time (before dogboy) started calling and admitted to where he screwed up with me before and asked for a second chance. Long story short I gave him some very hard hoops to jump through and two months to do it before I'd reconsider. He jumped through the worst "hoop" in 3 days which shocked me. I'm not making any commitments to anyone and am enjoying being on my own still. We'll see. But oh, Jamaica!! Every monrning I sat under the mango tree at Aunt Lolly's and she made me my wonderful breakfasts of fish, vegetables, and mint tea (made from her mint plant) and I ate mangoes like they were candy as the trees were loaded. One afternoon we went to a fish shack on the beach..we watched them CATCH the fish, haul it in, I picked it out of the bucket and watched them scale it, weigh it, and roast it on a fire. To die for! We traveled all over the country into some far remote areas in the mountains, I tried all kinds of new fruits and vegetables. The funniest part was when dogboy called my ex"MIL" at the hotel inquring about me, and she made up this big story about some man climbing a coconut tree in the rain to get me a coconut to drink. I was sitting on the bed right next to her trying to not laugh out loud and I heard him hollering at her to "Go look out the window and see if you can see him, who does he think he is, God?". The family enjoyed rubbing it in to him that there were other men in my life, and that part made me smile.

So it's back to reality and this harsh, fast paced life of the USA!! Glad all is well. Brenda, you rock!! Look how far you've come in over a year! I wish you'd post a picture of yourself!!! Menina :)

Well gals, I'm still digging out of everything. But I haven't put the weight back on that I lost and am sticking to the "regime" Aunt Lolly had me on in Jamaica...fruits, vegetables, and fish and am pretty much eating everything I want. No breads but I've lost my taste for that anyway. The consulting job would be working with the ministry of child development for the country going into remote areas to identify the "hidden" children with brain disabilities which is my inital training (neuropsych). They'd give me a car and everything. It may be that I can commute between Miami and there, and live 2 weeks on/off. It's a long process and wouldn't happen for a year but I love the coutnry and have a lot of connections and am somewhat "manless". On that front, I met a diving instructor and hung out with him for the two weeks I was in Jamaica..I know I am such a pig..LOL..but I hear from him daily ever since I have returned. The other weird thing was an ex that I was with for al ong time (before dogboy) started calling and admitted to where he screwed up with me before and asked for a second chance. Long story short I gave him some very hard hoops to jump through and two months to do it before I'd reconsider. He jumped through the worst "hoop" in 3 days which shocked me. I'm not making any commitments to anyone and am enjoying being on my own still. We'll see. But oh, Jamaica!! Every monrning I sat under the mango tree at Aunt Lolly's and she made me my wonderful breakfasts of fish, vegetables, and mint tea (made from her mint plant) and I ate mangoes like they were candy as the trees were loaded. One afternoon we went to a fish shack on the beach..we watched them CATCH the fish, haul it in, I picked it out of the bucket and watched them scale it, weigh it, and roast it on a fire. To die for! We traveled all over the country into some far remote areas in the mountains, I tried all kinds of new fruits and vegetables. The funniest part was when dogboy called my ex"MIL" at the hotel inquring about me, and she made up this big story about some man climbing a coconut tree in the rain to get me a coconut to drink. I was sitting on the bed right next to her trying to not laugh out loud and I heard him hollering at her to "Go look out the window and see if you can see him, who does he think he is, God?". The family enjoyed rubbing it in to him that there were other men in my life, and that part made me smile.

So it's back to reality and this harsh, fast paced life of the USA!! Glad all is well. Brenda, you rock!! Look how far you've come in over a year! I wish you'd post a picture of yourself!!! Menina :)

I am computer stupid and I can't even put a picture on the computer, let alone post it here....or I would. LOL

Just saw this thread. Wow Brenda!! How terrific to read your original post and the followup. Congratulations on the weight loss. I just joined Weight Watchers last week. I hope to have a followup post like yours someday soon. The speaker at the meeting said that as all people know who have lost weight, maintaining the weight loss is harder than losing it. I haven't lost it yet, so I can't fathom anything harder than losing it. But thought I'd share with you what she said. Stay strong and keep it off. No doubt a struggle can still be ahead, but it sounds like you took it off the right way and have made a lifestyle change. That really sounds like the only way to get it off and keep it off.

Thank you for your encouragement. I can tell you I maintained the low 120s for the longest time. I just got to the point where I decided I could do better. And honestly I looked good in the 120s, however, I just wanted better and had to BELIEVE I could achieve it. Good luck with your weight loss. I hear alot of success stories with weight watchers. Remember you MUST exercise also!!

HI, where IS everybody??

Well, guess what I did..I am going to Jamaica for the weekend in two weeks and am hanging with the new man..the diving instructor. I am having fun..and get this, I dropped another 5lbs since I returned so 10 lbs in 3 weeks without really trying. Go figure!!

Dogboy called the other day, his last date in the military is the 24th..and he's returning home to engage in politics and run for Prime Minister one day..oh yawn..I could have been the First Lady of Antigua (his country of origin)...the Jamaican side of his family is still harping on him for what he did to me, but you know what..let him rot in his own vomit, I say!

I miss you guys..what's up with everyone/? Brenda, if you look at the top of the message box when you are writing there is a way to insert a photo..would love to see your before and after pics and I know others would too. Smoothe, how is your son? Happy, what's up with your love life, and Chi too?? Menina

I am computer stupid and I can't even put a picture on the computer, let alone post it here....or I would. LOL

Well, guy from college is giving me hot and cold signals. I know he's going through a rough time having been unemployed for almost 10 months, but... I'm ready to throw in the towel, but I really like him, and that so rarely happens. In the meantime, I'm not sitting around waiting. I have a date on Saturday with a friend of a friend that I met at a party last weekend. We actually met last 4th of July, but as he put it, he didn't have cojones to ask me out then :) I have a busy summer ahead...between this weekend and August 8, I have only one free weekend. Weekends are filled with baseball games, wedding showers, bachelorette parties, weddings, concerts, etc.

Taking off at noon today and heading up to WI today with my sister and nephew. Just going overnight for my sister to get away a bit while my brother-in-law is out of town at a wedding. She decided to go too late, so no flights were available.

Hi all!!

M, wow do you have a lot going on!! Tell us about "hoopman"! (See, now that will be his tagname.) Awesome job on the extra 5 pounds!!!! I bet the dive instructor will enjoy the view even more!! :p

Brenda - you are amazing! What an inspiration you are to older and younger women alike!! I am so happy that you have been able to accomplish so much. :) There really are no good excuses, are there. ;)

Chi...how did the date go??? Don't blame you on the towel-throwing, BTW. ;)

I am still seeing my lawyer...he just left on a flight to Chicago, a few hours ago, for a conference. So here I am wondering what to do this weekend...:p I just may have to go find some live music somewhere. My son just got his driver's license...:eek:...and I really was NOT ready for that. (Don't know that I ever would be though!) I think that's really starting to hit me a bit - the fact that he is growing up and outta here soon. It's kind of scary.

Anyway...things are okay. Still unsure about lawyer-man...I mean he is a nice guy...I trust him and all that. Just that he is very busy, and very distracted most of the time. I'm busy too, but I need to feel an emotional bond...and so far, I just don't feel it with him. I'll give it some more time, but I don't have a warm and fuzzy about him. I guess that is the part that bothers me. Oh well...I'm off for a run!! Hope everyone has a great weekend!

"Hoopman"??? Hmm..he's called me daily since I left the island...I am still wary because Island men wear their heart on their sleeves..but it's fun..I sorta like being babied and treated like a Queen. So for the weekend we'll be swimming, snorkeling, etc..I have American friends that actually live near him so wil see them. My "younger man friend" (not dollbaby) we are still hanging out 2-3x per week..it still feels like more is brewing..he confided some very deep things once and it kinda brought us closer. He saw photos of me with Hoopman and didn't weird out so i guess in his mind it's still friends only.

Hoopman is gigantic.over 6ft tall..I am only 5ft7..his hands and feet are gigantic..he looks the way a diving instructor shoudl look..lol

Hi all!!

M, wow do you have a lot going on!! Tell us about "hoopman"! (See, now that will be his tagname.) Awesome job on the extra 5 pounds!!!! I bet the dive instructor will enjoy the view even more!! :p

Brenda - you are amazing! What an inspiration you are to older and younger women alike!! I am so happy that you have been able to accomplish so much. :) There really are no good excuses, are there. ;)

Chi...how did the date go??? Don't blame you on the towel-throwing, BTW. ;)

I am still seeing my lawyer...he just left on a flight to Chicago, a few hours ago, for a conference. So here I am wondering what to do this weekend...:p I just may have to go find some live music somewhere. My son just got his driver's license...:eek:...and I really was NOT ready for that. (Don't know that I ever would be though!) I think that's really starting to hit me a bit - the fact that he is growing up and outta here soon. It's kind of scary.

Anyway...things are okay. Still unsure about lawyer-man...I mean he is a nice guy...I trust him and all that. Just that he is very busy, and very distracted most of the time. I'm busy too, but I need to feel an emotional bond...and so far, I just don't feel it with him. I'll give it some more time, but I don't have a warm and fuzzy about him. I guess that is the part that bothers me. Oh well...I'm off for a run!! Hope everyone has a great weekend!

• 4 weeks later...

Here too!! Gathina married... certainly we would of known that!! Dont think so, if this is true then G, get you butt over here and tell us about it!!

So much going on in my life, some very cool, while some(with my sons health) pretty sad and bad. I would have to fill a whole page of posts.... to much of a bother and you guys would be bored to tears hearing me cry the blues of oh poor me anyway!!

Joined a new gym yesterday right down the street from me, no "****" no more than 5 minutes from home... Plan is to do cardio there before work... Excited about this! I am so not a AM person, looking to change a habit.... Hard, but so want to recreate me over again!!

Married? NO...LOL..I met someone from my trip that I was hanging with..about two months ago an old beau from a LONNGG time ago called..long story short we hooked up..and are officially "back"..this was the guy I should have married years ago..working out the kinks between us so to speak..we have both grown alot since then..so he refers to me as his wife and he is my husband...LOL..it does seem to be headed in that way..families are thrilled..so you never know..

I need to seriously get back on the wagon with working out..I am not happy..I look ok, but just don't feel good the way I do when I exercise alot. I hiked 4 miles in the park up and down hills and in the hot heat..I still feel like I'm dying today!!!

Here too!! Gathina married... certainly we would of known that!! Dont think so, if this is true then G, get you butt over here and tell us about it!!

So much going on in my life, some very cool, while some(with my sons health) pretty sad and bad. I would have to fill a whole page of posts.... to much of a bother and you guys would be bored to tears hearing me cry the blues of oh poor me anyway!!

Joined a new gym yesterday right down the street from me, no "****" no more than 5 minutes from home... Plan is to do cardio there before work... Excited about this! I am so not a AM person, looking to change a habit.... Hard, but so want to recreate me over again!!

Archived