Ice Show

Hi All,

DH and I will be cruising on the Mariner Feb.17th. This will be our first cruise on a voyager class ship. We've always done mid sized ships (around 2000 passengers). Can anyone tell me about the ice shows? I remember reading somewhere when I booked the cruise months ago that you had to get tickets. Where and when do you do this?

Pickup times for tickets will be announced over the PA and will be in the Compass, . There are 2 shows per dinner seating. You only pick 1 show! They are all the same!

Tickets are free--they are for crowd control, as the theater isn't large enough to seat 1 entire dinner seating! Enjoy!

The show is really amazing when you consider that the ship is moving, and the rink is small by ice show standards. We thought it was great!:cool:

You do need to pay attention for the times to pick up tickets, as they tend to go fast. Pick-up is usually on a sea day, but not always.

We were on the Voyager last week. If I remember right, (No, my memory isn't that good anymore) we picked up the tickets on Monday morning. We got there about 20 minutes before they were supposed to be given out, and the line was already long. We did get tickets for Tuesday afternoon. Seating is not reserved, it is first come, first served. We sat about where we wanted to, in the second row. The first row seemed like it was very close to the wall surrounding the ice, and not very much leg room. The show is very good.

I've been on Mariner three times and people can pick up tickets for a group so if you're going with others it's really only necessary for one person to show to pick them up. I picked up ten tickets for our group last year.

This show is a "don't miss" so get there early. You won't regret it!:D

If you are sailing in a Grand Suite or higher you can ask your concierge to get them for you. If you know someone sailing in a Grand Suite or higher, they can get them for you when they request their tickets.

Anyone not at Diamond Level or higher, and sailing in a Jr. Suite and lower cat can check the newsletter (name ??) for the time and place the tickets are given out. Arrive at least 30 minutes early and if you do, you will probably already find people in line.

The ice show is our favorite show! Seating on our recent cruise on the Navigator was first come first-served. They did not distribute tickets on this cruise for some reason.....maybe because it was only a 4 night cruise?

If you have early dinner seating, will the ice show be before or after dinner? Or is it in the afternoon?

We had 6:00 dinner seating, and we went to the 5:00 ice show (2 different cruises onboard Explorer). We had plenty of time to get to dinner, as the show ended at 5:45 :)

You're welcome! :)

I shivered through the show the first time I went, but then I saw the shawls in the "everything $10 shop" onboard, and I wished I'd had it before the show! I bought a white one that goes with everything. I even used it for a beach wrap (like a sarong) for the Labadee day.

Oh.....writing about it makes me wish I could be back on that beach right now because we're having sleet here in NJ today....brrrrrr! :o

We had 6:00 dinner seating, and we went to the 5:00 ice show (2 different cruises onboard Explorer). We had plenty of time to get to dinner, as the show ended at 5:45 :)

Great, thanks!

I even used it for a beach wrap (like a sarong) for the Labadee day.

Great idea! And I love the picture of the shop! Cha-ching!

LOL at that "cha-ching"!! :D

That shop has beautiful beaded evening bags that are only $10 too!! Here at Steinmart similar ones are $45 and up. I did a lot of shopping because our cruise was 12-14 and I got a lot of last minute gifts! I LOVE that shop!! :p Have fun!

How many tickets can I pick up at once? There will be a group of 16-20 of us on Mariner in June....

Thanks,

Mary

My experience was that when I was leading a group of 25, they were happy to provide the tickets for us when I requested them. Later I found out that 4 of our group had already picked theirs up and just went back and returned the extra 4. Have a great trip!

Hi Everyone,

We are sailing on AOS in July. I kept wondering how to get those ice show tickets. You can always count on the great folks on the boards to provide the answers! Wow did not know about the $10. shop.. I will be ditching the DH to get in there! LOL Thanks for the tips on the shawl. I did pick up a black one after the Christmas sales at Kohl's. It is cold here in MA today, so I am dreaming of the Caribbean. Cruise on!

Sue:cool:

Archived