Pearl Mamboos Entre on a Hook?

F5Loar

Okay I can't search this because I don't know what it was called but on the Pearl in the Mexican Mamboo's Resturant they had this special meal that was served on a big hook. It had steak,shrimp and chicken if I remember.

What was the proper name for this item on the menu? or better yet can anyone quote it direct from the menu? NCL does not post their menus.

A review of the Gem mentioned that if you want, you can request that they substitute shrimp for the steak. I have never done this, but recall reading it since I am hoping to have this when I am on the Gem this month!!!!

That's it. I had it on the Pearl and I've never seen this offered in any land Tex-Mex or Mexican resturant. I'm going to use a big bannana hook holder with a metal kabob skewer and try to duplicate it at home.

Thanks for the quick reply. That's what makes CC so special is the people here that know what they are talking about.

By the way for any first timers to the Pearl (what a great ship) this meal is a must try. In fact anything they had in Mamboos was super. Nothing wrong with dining south of the border while on a cruise ship.

Great photo, Paul and Maryann. I think this may be my favorite NCL meal! We had it on the Star last February, served on the holder-thingie. Then when we went on the Star overnight last September, we ordered it again. This time, the waiter just brought the items already served on our plate. The people sitting below us got theirs served properly. Guess who didn't get a tip that night? (Just kidding, folks, we tip generously, even if Il Popo isn't served properly).

Here's our waiter on the Jewel in action serving us the Il Popo. It certainly looked cool, but the steak was pretty chewy. I would have asked for the shrimp if I had known about it.

IMG_3805.jpg

BTW, try the Jalepeno served with the Il Popo, it's terrificly spicy! :D

Archived