Help me choose: Millenium or Glory ?

mary_228

Lucky me, very good rates on these two ships at the last minute for our Spring Break family vacation! The airfare is comparable as well, the cabins arrangements are ideal in both cases.

As I see it, here are the plusses and minuses:

Celebrity's Millenium may have more refinement. It may have a more tolerable spring break crowd. It goes to more ports that I'd like to see. It is smaller. Onboard activites may be boring.

Carnival's Glory has a cool pool slide, the kids program might be more fun, there are more sea days than the Millenium, the onboard activities may be mroe fun. Really huge capacity, 50% more passengers. Just went to Cozumel on last cruise and Nassau is a bore.

Has anyone sailed them both? We've never been on Carnival and Celebrity only once. Our favorites have been the RCL and Princess cruises.

It depends on the ages of your kids- the program on Celebrity for kids 3-6 and 7-9 was fantastic and I think better than Carnival. for teens- I'd go Carnival.

As for the Millenium, I have sailed her twice and it is a lowkey more adult atmosphere. If your kids are going to participate in the youth program- the lack of a waterslide won't bother them. They will be very busy with their new friends.

Carnival will be more crowded with passengers than Millenium.

It depends what you are looking for- Celebrity tends to be like Princess, but with fewer passengers and better service and food. Royal and Carnival are very similar- they cater more to families.

Archived