Cheapest Transfer - Whittier to Anchorage

lindalo5032

alaskanleopard

I just spoke with Alaskan Leopard and they don't do the $19.00 transfer from Whittier in the mornings. They only do the $52.00 tour/transfer from Whittier in the mornings.

The best deal I've found so far for an early morning transfer Whittier to Anchorage is with Alaska Transportation, leaving Whittier between 8:45-9:15 a.m. for $39 per person.

I just spoke with Alaskan Leopard and they don't do the $19.00 transfer from Whittier in the mornings. They only do the $52.00 tour/transfer from Whittier in the mornings.

The best deal I've found so far for an early morning transfer Whittier to Anchorage is with Alaska Transportation, leaving Whittier between 8:45-9:15 a.m. for $39 per person.

Makes sense - why lower their price when the demand is high?! :eek:.

They don't post their prices online but one other options is limousine of Alaska. I guess their web link is banned from CC so just run the words together and add dot com at the end.

John

There were some pretty nasty stories being told on here last year about most of these companies (Alaskanleopard being the exception). I finally just booked our transfer with the cruiseline rather than take the gamble. At least check with the Anchorage BBB before making reservations with one of them.

There were some pretty nasty stories being told on here last year about most of these companies (Alaskanleopard being the exception). I finally just booked our transfer with the cruiseline rather than take the gamble. At least check with the Anchorage BBB before making reservations with one of them.

I've also been told that the reliability of most of these private shuttle companies can be questionable. i guess i probably will book with our cruiseline and hope they can put us on an early tranfer.

thanks for everyone's help, ellen

How much is the Princess transfer? Is it bus or train? Where does it drop off in Anchorage? How early does it leave Whittier and how early does it get to Anchorage?

We are thinking of getting an one-way rental car from Whittier to Anchorage from Avis, which costs $270, for 4 people. The rental car will serve two purposes - transportation from Whittier to Anchorage and getting around Anchorage for sightseeing.

• 6 years later...

Has anyone used Alaska Cruise Transfer?

We are on the Crown Princess leaving 6/21 and arriving Anchorage 6/28.

Not in a rush to get to Anchorage

We are interested in their 7 hour tour that takes you to Anchorage with sightseeing stops along the way. They use buses that appear to be comfortable.

Any comments?

Thanks,

Donny & Elin

Has anyone used Alaska Cruise Transfer?

We are on the Crown Princess leaving 6/21 and arriving Anchorage 6/28.

Not in a rush to get to Anchorage

We are interested in their 7 hour tour that takes you to Anchorage with sightseeing stops along the way. They use buses that appear to be comfortable.

Any comments?

Thanks,

Donny & Elin

You probably would be better off starting a new thread, rather than posting in one that's 6 years old.

Enjoy

Ron

Thanks for your reply.

I am new to Cruise Critic.

So how do I post a new thread?

Go to the main Alaska page http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=55

Just above the the blue bar (above the announcements), at the left, click on the "New Thread" button. That's it.

Welcome To CC and enjoy,

Ron