Presidents week cruises?

Smartcookie

I'm just curious as to whether there are many kids and teens onboard over presidents week vacation. I love Celebrity and Princess but friends who've only cruised on HAL (with kids, over school vacations) absolutely love HAL and wouldn't consider another line.

I'm thinking of booking the Eurodam next Feb break when our oldest will be in college, so it will just be my husband, me and our 16 year old son. It will be his first vacation without his brother so I'm hoping there will be other teens for him to hang out with.

Can anyone comment? Thanks!

I'm just curious as to whether there are many kids and teens onboard over presidents week vacation. I love Celebrity and Princess but friends who've only cruised on HAL (with kids, over school vacations) absolutely love HAL and wouldn't consider another line.

I'm thinking of booking the Eurodam next Feb break when our oldest will be in college, so it will just be my husband, me and our 16 year old son. It will be his first vacation without his brother so I'm hoping there will be other teens for him to hang out with.

Can anyone comment? Thanks!

After reading reports of 300/400 kids on the Noordam last President's Week, I think your son will be in fine company on HAL.

I am cruising on the Zuiderdam President's week this year and will post when I get back how the kids like it. I will be cruising with a 16 year old and two 18 year olds. I think they are going to have a great time but can let you know when we return.

Cherie

p.s. and....it seems that those who consider a significant number (15-20%) children/young adults on a cruise like having the plague avoid the school vacation cruises.

While we had 300+ on NOORDAM during the holiday last year, ZUIDERDAM had 150.

Really depends on point of departure.

I don't recommend HAL for kids. Just not enough distractions. However, on a 7 day, you're in port so you don't need them.

Thanks for the responses. My kids have cruised 7 times (Celebrity was their favorite), and they really don't need any "distractions". The last 3 cruises they didn't even go to the kids clubs, just played cards with friends, watched movies, read, played ping-pong, basketball, went ashore, etc.

My friends who only cruise with their kids swear by HAL, they love it. Mariner, have you cruised on HAL with kids or are you just making an observation?

Cherie, please tell us how the cruise is, I'm looking forward to your report!

An observation based on what fellow pax with kids have said over the years.

For example, last Pres Week on NOORDAM, too many sea days and just not enough things to keep them busy. The young ones looked longingly at the NCL ship across the pier, with dinosaurs on the aft deck.

Archived