Millie: games, dance lessons, contests?

mary_228

I am trying to decide on an Easter sailing for spring break with our kids, ages 10 and 12. It's been several years since we sailed on Celebrity and things certainly might be different now (and on this class of ship), but I remember a bit of a sedate atmosphere on that spring break so long ago. Our water aerobics (!) class got quite an audience.

When we switched to RCCL and Princess, I really noticed a lot more energy and "fun" in the games and dance lessons. We played pictionary, win/lose/draw, trivia, even took art classes. The latin (!) dance classes were led by young, professional dancers. The only activity I remember on the Mercury was folding pages of the brochures into gift bags!

Would any recent Millenium cruisers who share my interests care to comment on these types of activities? Thanks!

I'm on the Easter sailing. My DH and I sailed on the Century what seems like a Century ago and I don't recall it being sedate. There were not many pool side activities during the day but we did have pool deck activities at night. There was line dancing (I did say it was a century ago right?) and a Mexican buffet and Salsa dancing on a couple of the nights. We went to the shows after dinner every evening as well. It was really the perfect mix of rest and fun.

I'm hoping the Millie offers the same type of cruise without the constant announcements and the mob feel of a Royal Caribbean cruise. Our last one was on Freedom of the Seas and it was a tad too much for us.

I've reviewed some of the daily programs posted in one of the stickies and can see that the activities are a lot like Princess, which is really my favorite line so far. Fun but not frenetic. So I'm sure I'll have plenty to keep me busy on this ship. Now if I can just get my head around a 2 nt post cruise stay in MIA (or FLL)...

Mary,

Welcome to the 3/23 Millennium sailing. I know you have already visited our roll call, and please check in again to let us know how your plans are shaping up. For pre cruise and post cruise stays in the FLL/MIA area, there are lots of good ideas on the East Coast Departures/Florida Departures subsection of the North American Homeports boards, below on the Cruise Critic boards menu. And please sign up for our Cruise Connections party!

David

I don't think you will be disappointed. We played trivia every day at the pool. The also had a scavenger hunt. (Our team won!) They did have a lot of pool games and there were games throughout the ship at different times of day.

Archived