Group Air?

Tara&Jas

I always book for the same amount of people you are talking about. It has always been cheaper going thru group reservations. It seems like they give about a 10 percent discount or more. It basically pays for the other taxes and fees. It is worth doing it. A bit more of a hassle because the group leader has to pay with one CC. And everyone else has to reimburse you.

I did that for my group on Air New Zealand for 18 of us. The price turned out to be about half of the posted price PLUS all I had to do was guarantee it with a deposit and the price was fixed. Then they let everyone pay with their individual credit cards. Then we got the exact seating I wanted (everyone close and next to each other) close to the front. There was no down side to it.

SailingDeanna: do you find that it is better to book as far in advance as possible or should I wait a while?

It really varies. It's too unpredictable to have a pattern. It seems like Southwest is higher in the beginning, and has great sales later. It seems Midwest Airlines is cheaper a few weeks after they open their bookings. I'm not that familiar with other airlines. It is such a gamble though.

The previous poster has been able to pay with separate CC, I've never been allowed to do that.

Archived